We already told you that “PR Manager” is one of the most stressful jobs around. It’s a 24/7 lifestyle, right? But can we also count “PR Specialist” as one of America’s top jobs? According to U.S. News and World Report, the answer is “yes!”
The gig is right there at number 51 on the list of “The 100 Best Jobs” in America, stuck between “construction manager” and “middle school teacher”. We like the magazine’s flattering description of the position and its relatively generous average salary estimate, but the list leaves us with some questions:
- How can teaching middle school be a pleasant thing in any way (and why isn’t the median salary much higher)?
- What’s so great about dentistry, anyway?
- Who told marketing managers that they were so special?
- How is architect so low on the list (#70)? Someone call Art Vandelay!
- Do we really have to move to D.C., San Francisco or San Jose? (Please say no.)
U.S. News created the list by ranking individual positions based on “the number of openings, the chance to advance and be professionally fulfilled, and the ability to meet financial obligations”. What do we think, PR pros: why aren’t we #1? And how will we plan our revenge on the health care industry?
- North Korea Announces Execution with the Craziest Press Release You Will Ever Read
- Martha Stewart Takes 'Home for the Holidays' Literally for Her Staff
- The Ticker: Beyoncé Stunt; Women in Tech; Selfies in PR; Obama Advisor; SNL Auditions
- The 'Sexiest Man Alive' Wants You to Sign up for Obamacare