“I’m from Texas, and one of the reasons I like Texas is because there’s no one in control.” – Willie Nelson
Not true, Willie: Two crisis management/public affairs vets have joined forces to launch The Mach 1 Group, a new strategic comms firm based in Austin, Texas AKA “the world’s fastest-growing city”. According to its tagline, the firm’s specialty will be “breaking barriers in an era of supersonic communications.”
Founders Rae Bazzarre and Katherine McLane created Mach 1 after winning accolades as part of the LIVESTRONG Foundation‘s communications team. They plan to serve clients in the areas of “Health & Wellness, Philanthropy, Social Good and Education in the For-Profit & Non-Profit Sectors”. McLane, named PR professional of the year in 2013 by the PRSA, explains the firm’s philosophy:
“Defining noble organizations, causes and issues by their strengths is our business. We are putting 30 years of superior experience to work for great organizations throughout Texas and the U.S. and we’re proud to do it from Austin.”
“The MACH 1 Group looks forward to working with clients committed to advancing social good and making a positive impact on our ever-changing world.”
“A fashion is nothing but an induced epidemic.”—George Bernard Shaw
Milan/New York firm Negri Firman PR & Communication announced several new fashion and design clients this week in a further breach of the Italian/English language divide.
Firman will handle global communications for Costume National starting with the brand’s women’s show scheduled in Milan for September 19th. This event is particularly important in the life of the brand because it marks Costume National’s return to Milan after more than 20 years in Paris. Firman will also represent:
- Angelos Bratis, a young Greek designer who won “Who Is On Next?” in 2011 and was mentioned by the British magazine Wallpaper in January 2013 as one of fashion’s most interesting new talents.
- Closed, a prestigious denim brand that started in Italy in 1978 and is now based in Germany. Negri Firman will handle communications in the USA.
- Tokyobike, a small, independent bicycle company founded in 2002 near Tokyo and based on the concept of “slow biking” products designed with an emphasis on comfort over speed. The company just opened a flagship store in Milan, and Negri will lead communications for the Italian market.
“Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.”—Aldous Huxley
Olmstead Williams Communications, a public relations and social media agency, has signed four new clients: The Great Courses, DreamHammer, SmartMetric and UCLA’s Sustainable Technology & Policy Program.
“There was no business slowdown this summer,” said Tracy Williams, CEO and president of Olmstead Williams Communications. Here’s more about each new client:
- Want to take a college course from one of the best professors in the country without leaving your basement? Bill Gates Bill Gates is one of 10 million people who have downloaded, streamed, or purchased CD and DVD copies of college courses through The Great Courses, which is all about “extremely bright people continuing to dress up their minds long after they are finished with school.”
- We’re all drones now: DreamHammer provides world-class open architecture control software for all unmanned military and industrial systems, empowering one person to control an entire fleet of drones with a single device.
- Fingerprints don’t lie: SmartMetric’s mobile medical records solution MedicalKeyring features the smallest biometric fingerprint reader ever developed to help maximize security; compatible with all leading healthcare records systems and file formats.
- Go green, young man: UCLA’s Sustainable Technology & Policy Program (STPP) promotes public health and environmental protection by developing innovative chemical policies to spread safer manufacturing processes throughout the country. That includes green solutions like wet cleaning — the safer alternative to dry cleaning.
- Five Firms Share Their Holiday Cards
- Which Firm Will Represent Cuba?
- Solomon McCown & Company Preps Santa for Crisis Campaign
- 5WPR Shoots Down New York Exclusive on Boy Genius Investor