Weber Shandwick has been granted a temporary restraining order against H+K Strategies, the firm’s COO Ken Luce, and its EVP Jody Venturoni. Weber filed court documents in Dallas alleging breach of contract by Luce and Venturoni and misappropriation of confidential info by the two execs and H+K.
Luce joined H+K about a year ago; Venturoni joined the firm last month. Both previously worked for Weber for more than a decade. There have been other moves from Weber to H+K in recent months as well, notes The Holmes Report. The court filing shows that Weber alerted Luce to an investigation in December 2011 and both he and H+K responded in writing.
In a statement, H+K’s external director Allison Cohen said, “We’re focused on building a strong Dallas presence with a talented and experienced team. Hill+Knowlton is a desirable place to work, has no need for materials from competitors, and it is not surprising that people seek to work here as we grow our office.”
Weber would like a jury trial on the matter and both parties will be in court on February 20.
- Will the YouTube/Michelle Phan Lawsuit Change the Influencer Game?
- Survey Says Clients Trust Ad, Marketing Agencies Over PR Firms
- FedEx Responds to Indictment for Shipping Items From Illegal Online Pharmacies
- Fan Caught Sleeping through Yankees/Red Sox Game Sues MLB and ESPN for $10 Million