|Publication or Company
Box Services, LLC
||Advertising Agency, Photography
New York, NY
||Box is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to aid in streamlining processes, developing internal policies, maintaining organized documentation, and promoting company communication.
• Performs onboarding process of new employees and/ or independent contractors, as well as closing process for terminated employees.
• Tracks eligibility of employees for benefits (401(k), health and dental) based upon their respective hire date.
• Maintains employee master lists (including departmental directories, health and dental tracking, and 401(k) census information etc.)
• Administers benefits paperwork, performs open enrollments and coordinates with benefits brokers to ensure best plans, information verification, and implementation.
• Assists employees with benefits-related issues, such as adding dependents, finding doctors, etc.
• Receives, reviews and records all vacation, sick and/or personal day requests.
• Maintains and updates Absence Tracking and HR Calendar.
• Keeps track of and reports semi-monthly Payroll Changes to Director of Operations, including W-4 status changes, pre-tax deductions, and direct deposit information.
• Works with Team Managers to evaluate personnel needs and create job descriptions.
• Writes and posts job openings, reviews incoming resumes, schedules and conducts interviews with candidates.
• Performs reference checks.
• Creates weekly status report of all current independent contractors and costs.
• Works with Director of Operations to plan and execute team-building initiatives, and committee facilitation.
• Ensures compliancy with Federal guidelines, and advises and initiates Best Practices.
• Develops review program, trains managers and creates documentation process.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
• Working knowledge of employment-related legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
• Ability to provide professional consultation to managers and conduct accurate, thorough investigations regarding work-related personnel issues.
• Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other people, both internal to the organization and external to the organization.
• 3-5 years HR Assistant Experience, with proven track record of successful initiatives and implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
• MBA or HRCI certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred.
• Advertising agency experience a plus
|About Our Company
||Box Services is a high-end post-production studio that combines technical innovation and artistic sensibility. Using customized tools, we offer a full suite of creative services including image capture, image fabrication, prepress, graphic design, web development, brand development, exhibition, and publication. Our work regularly appears on the covers and pages of major publications, television and cable networks, and in fine-art exhibition books.