Social Media and PR Coordinator
|Publication or Company
Springer Publishing Company
||Book Publishing, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||We are seeking a Social Media and PR Coordinator to provide book promotion along with marketing and sales support in our rapidly expanding publishing program. This position, which reports to the Marketing Manager, works closely with both the marketing and sales departments and is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful individual to join a growing, independent academic and professional publisher.
• Manage all aspects of Social Media marketing campaigns and advertising.
• Create, curate and disseminate content across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ for three health and medical brands.
• Build and implement the social calendar managing the social media CMS platform (Hootsuite).
• Create and monitor news alerts and feeds in various health topics for social media postings.
• Implement strategies for rapid growth through such methods as advertisements on Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
• Help build relationships with key social media and blog partners.
• Manage the process of submitting new books for review in academic and medical journals and online media including social media and blog partners.
• Identifying publicity opportunities and writing news releases for academic, professional and trade books.
• Assist in placing news stories, blog posts, and product reviews online.
• Write and update web copy as needed.
• Some travel to represent company at conferences.
• Other marketing support as needed.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Enthusiastic and passionate about social media and implementing it to increase audience engagement.
• Comfortable with commonly used social media management and tracking tools.
• Knowledgeable of social media best practices.
• Strong with the analytics and reporting side of social media.
• Good team player and can work collaboratively across the company to achieve common marketing goals.
• Enjoy working in a fast growth and highly entrepreneurial environment.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Comfort with Internet and social media and ability to pick up new web services and software easily.
• Strong writing skills.
• Some marketing experience and/or marketing coursework required.
• College degree.
• 0 - 3 years experience.
|About Our Company
||A pioneer in health care and social science publishing, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative nursing, public health, psychology, rehabilitation, social work, counseling, and gerontology publisher. The company has won numerous awards, including the American Library Association (ALA) Choice Awards, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) PROSE Awards, and the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) Book of the Year Awards, and publishes about 100 top quality titles annually, all available as eBooks, in addition to 21 journals.
This position also works with Demos Medical Publishing which publishes high-quality books and digital products for physicians and other healthcare providers, and has established a reputation for excellence in the core areas of neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pathology, and oncology