Print Job

Editor and Quality Control Manager

Publication or Company 
Industry  B2B Publishing, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Final Delivery Editing, Marketing, Other Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales
Salary Very Competitive
Benefits 401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
Job Duration Full Time
Job Location Boston, MA
Job Requirements Role: Editor and Quality Control Manager
Location: Boston
Date: June 26, 2014

The Role:
We’re looking for an incredible editor to help shape, quality control and improve our digital content. The editor’s primary role will be to help guide analysts and project managers, marketers and any other text generating departments over the hurdles of creating content that matches our style, tone and high level of quality.

Additionally, the editor will proof, document and improve deliverables using exceptional language skills, crafting the best possible power point presentations and deliverables, blogs, marketing emails, etc. The editor will aide in improving our localization pipeline (by generating clear, concise and geographically grammatically accurate content) on a daily basis. In the end, it is the editor’s responsibility to ensure that all generated documents and text are the best they possibly be by enforcing grammar and style-guides and overall tone and vision. Approximately 50-75% of this job is billable, editing and polishing documents for client projects. The remaining 50-25% will be to ensure that projects processes (e.g. writing styles, self-editing, use of templates, transcript writing, archiving all work, project planning and budgeting) become part of everyone’s toolkit.

Job Responsibilities:
This is first and foremost a people job, not one where you are hidden away in a corner editing. The candidate will need to exhibit an ability to interact, convince and train their customers (the project managers and consultants). As we grow, controlling and managing quality will be a keystone in this growth. Great products build client confidence, errors do the opposite. Included among the responsibilities are:
• Review all project deliverables for logic, flow, storytelling, language, structure, more than grammar and style (the minimum).
• Establish and maintain a queuing system to avoid bottlenecks and meet client deadlines
• Training both Boston and London offices on project best-in-class processes
• Attend pipeline meetings to keep abreast of project load and deadline changes

Prior Experience & Skills required:
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, talented writer/editor with over 5 years of experience in professional services (ideally Management Consulting) who is able to edit and improve text as well as enforce and implement consistency. We are looking for the following:
• A self-starter with the ability to work with research associates, consultants and managers across time zones, geographies, and ability levels while achieving high quality and style
• Experience with PowerPoint presentation deliverables, social, and digital media
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word) and OpenOffice
• The ability to manage and encourage teams
• Training experience in small workshops desirable
• Experience with Life Sciences industry a plus – (over half of our business is in life sciences).
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree (preferred)


Please forward your cover letter, resume and link to your work to hr@fuld.com and reference Editor and Quality Control Manager BOS062614LG in the subject line.
Due to the number of responses we regret that we will only be able to contact those we wish to invite for a phone screen or a first round interview. Thank you for your interest in Fuld +Company
Fuld is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Our Company Fuld + Company is the world’s preeminent research and consulting firm in the field of competitive intelligence

Founded in 1979, the firm has served over half the U.S. Fortune 500 and numerous international clients. Our teams are organized along industry lines, with centers of expertise in consumer products, technology, telecommunications, financial services, business services, insurance, pharmaceuticals/ healthcare, and industrial manufacturing. Fuld delivers customized, proprietary research, analysis and consulting designed to help clients:

•understand the competition
•seize market opportunities
•anticipate and thwart competitive challenges
•drive growth and boost profits