Public Relations Executive
|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Public Relations, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Responsibilities will include:
• Manage media relations efforts for Myriad’s destination clients
• Develop destination promotions through content integration and building relationships with media contacts
• Writing press releases, developing messaging and responding to media inquiries
• Strategize, manage and execute social media program (including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram)
• Identify and use online and social media channels to build awareness of our client’s destinations
• Pitch client destinations to media
• Plan and execute media events and press trips
• Work with internal and external partners on a range of promotional activities and cooperative programs
• Monitor and report on results from all activities
• 3 to 5 years experience in travel / tourism Public Relations essential
• Knowledge and practical experience with social media including how to measure campaigns and activities
• Proven experience in building and maintaining client relationships
• Excellent knowledge of all travel distribution channels including online
• Ability and willingness to travel at least five days each month including international travel
• Be a wiz in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Possess great verbal and writing abilities
• Be able to multi-task and handle several projects at one time on tight deadlines
• Highly organized
Benefits include medical/dental, two weeks vacation plus a paid week off
Christmas-New Year, 401(K).
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
This is a full time position based in our New York office.
|About Our Company
||Myriad Marketing is an established tourism marketing company with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We provide marketing solutions for the travel industry including representing international tourist offices.
We are seeking an enthusiastic PR and social media professional that is experienced in the travel PR space.
Do you meet the following criteria:
• Forward-thinking, modern PR practitioner who isn’t afraid of trying new-out-of-the-box PR tactics
• Describe yourself as a media and social media junkie
• Ability to suggest and develop creative ideas
• Know how to integrate your efforts with those of the marketing team and are equally comfortable leading, following and contributing to initiatives.
• Possess a robust contact list within the travel / tourism PR industry
Then this job might be the next step in your career…