|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Non-profit, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
The Manager of Program Communications will be responsible for the tactical execution of the Epilepsy Foundation’s marketing communications initiatives in support of the business strategy, market goals and organizational objectives. The manager coordinates campaigns and communications through all phases of launch and maintenance, including reporting, analysis and optimization.
The Manager is responsible for delivering and implementing campaigns that can be duplicated in multiple vertical markets. The manager must be proactive, with a strong sense of accountability and a day-to-day focus on bottom-line results. This role requires a strategic and analytical approach to monitoring and improving ROI.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in strategic planning and implementation of the communications and marketing tactics to support the Foundation’s programs and support initiatives.
• Strengthen the Foundation’s brand image across all mediums including Web site, collateral, presentations, and events.
• Implement a host of external marketing communications tactics to support the brand strategy as well as help support and build our stakeholder base.
• Manage daily tactical activities, including collateral/presentation design, fulfillment and development.
• Manage daily updates, develop and author innovative content for our program collateral, Web enterprise and social media platforms.
• Assist program staff to ensure all communication related activities done by outside vendors are completed on time and accurately by serving as the point-person
• Assist program staff in developing PowerPoint Presentations, posters for “poster presentations” for conferences, policy briefs, and other publications as needed.
• Work with the program team to employ best practices in developing social media graphics, web design, infographics, speeches and multimedia presentations, posters and exhibits, promotional items, “how-to” manuals and toolkits, brochures, newsletters, white papers, fact sheets, media materials that support program activities.
• Consider the multicultural and multilingual aspects of the audiences of focus. Aspects to consider include: age, sex, region, race, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, gender, occupation, income, education, family, partnerships, access, religion and ideology.
• In collaboration with the program team, provide strategic planning services including the development of campaign and organizational communications plans, assistance with message development, social media strategy and implementation, blogger outreach and engagement, online strategies and skills, product development, persuasive storytelling, internal communication, etc.
• In collaboration with the program team, assist with shaping the identity of initiatives and programs; conceptualize and design a website, as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field.
• Three years of progressively responsible experience in communications and marketing or related field.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Management/Leadership - Exhibits ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Visionary Skills - Proactive approach to future planning and opportunity.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and get clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies written style to meet needs.
• Technology - Utilizes technology effectively to reach target audience through multiple venues to include social media outlets.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with a penchant for detail.
• Adaptability - Adapts to and embraces change in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit situation; Able to manage frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Resourcefulness - Exhibits independent, effective problem solving techniques and abilities. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
• Creativity - Applies creative flair to design elements and messaging mediums
|About Our Company
||The mission of the Epilepsy Foundation is to stop seizures and SUDEP, find a cure and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy through efforts including education, advocacy and research to accelerate ideas into therapies.
The Epilepsy Foundation, a national non-profit with more than 47 affiliated organizations throughout the United States, has led the fight against seizures since 1968. The Foundation is an unwavering ally for individuals and families impacted by epilepsy and seizures. The Foundation works to prevent, control and cure epilepsy through community services; public education; federal and local advocacy; and supporting research into new treatments and therapies. The Foundation works to ensure that people with seizures have the opportunity to live their lives to their fullest potential.