Copywriter, Brand Marketing
|Publication or Company
Preferred Hotel Group
||Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Marketing, Sales/Advertising Sales
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
Newport Beach, CA
||The Copywriter, Brand Marketing engages in projects that advance the branding and communication strategies of PHG. Projects reflect the broad range of responsibilities that are a part of the department, including development of brochures, directories, posters, invitations, print ads, web content, and event collateral.
The Copywriter, Brand Marketing works under the direction of the Executive Director, Brand Marketing & Creative Services providing copy for a wide variety of internal departments including sales, development, events, and marketing on time, within PHG’s brand guidelines, and according to the creative brief.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Writes and produces advertising materials and promotional copy to support a variety of marketing, branding, and development communication efforts.
• Working with the Executive Director, Brand Marketing & Creative Services, develops and implements communication plans taking into consideration the many audiences that are to be touched by the effort.
• Working with the global marketing team, produces copy for digital marketing and social media campaigns and strategic marketing communication materials as assigned.
• Edits and proofs copy as needed.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or other relevant degree.
• Minimum two years experience in marketing/communications which included participation in the development and implementation of branding, marketing, and communications plans.
• Experienced, flexible writer who can quickly generate high quality messaging and copy that meets PHG standards.
• Excellent communications skills, including exceptional command of written language that reflects understanding of a variety of target audiences.
• Strong editing skills and ability to revise and improve text.
• Computer and Internet savvy; specific knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Background in hotel or luxury brand marketing helpful, but not necessary.
• Ability to serve on a shared services team, meeting needs of many constituencies.
• Ability to take direction from multiple sources and follow through on assignments independently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Multi-lingual helpful, but not necessary.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and digital portfolio by email to HR@preferredhotelgroup.com (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins). Do not email files over 15MB. If larger, send Dropbox, Hightail, or Google Drive link.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working environment is a professional office with semi-private work area. Office space is beautifully as well as functionally decorated including all required technology tools. Employee is seated most of the time.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Preferred Hotel Group associates enjoy:
• competitive pay
• medical and dental insurance
• disability and life insurance
• paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
• 401(k) Plan
Applications are currently being accepted. We look forward to considering candidates interested in working in a dynamic, energetic, and innovative environment.
|About Our Company
||Preferred Hotel Group is a worldwide leader in the hospitality and lodging industry. This family-owned company provides innovative business support including global sales and marketing solutions, plus advanced distribution systems, for more than 650 independent hotels and resorts with a global reach extending into more than 85 countries. Its family of brands represents a collection of the finest hotels, resorts, and services residences in the world and includes Preferred Hotels® & Resorts; Preferred Boutique™; Summit Hotels & Resorts™; Sterling Hotels™; Sterling Design, Summit Serviced Residences, and Historic Hotels of America®. Travelers gain valuable benefits through branded programs that include Preferred Residences™, Preferred Golf™, IPrefer™ Guest Benefit Program, and Preferred Family, a collection of hotels and resorts certified to provide a rich experience for travelers of all ages. For more information please visit us on the web at www.preferredhotelgroup.com.