Manager, New Business and Partnerships- Time Home
|Publication or Company
Time Home Entertainment Inc.
New York, NY
||Time Home Entertainment Inc. (THEI), the book publishing division of Time Inc, creates and leverages editorial content across multiple platforms, including books, bookazines, e-books and calendars, in partnership with Time Inc brands such as Time, People, and Southern Living. THEI also publishes a range of books under licensed third party brands like MAD magazine, Weber, Mayo Clinic, and Disney/Marvel. Recent New York Times bestsellers include Totally MAD: 60 Years of Humor, Satire, Stupidity and Stupidity, Weber New Real Grilling, and Pete Rose by Kostya Kennedy.
The Manager, New Business and Partnerships will manage the relationships and strategic publishing plans for several third party brands, as well as the acquisition of new partners. The Manager will build their portfolio by locating, analyzing, developing, negotiating, and closing significant new partner relationships. This role will be tasked with helping to grow a business that currently accounts for 30% of the division’s profits. A strategic position, the Manager will be responsible for the big picture and long term goals of their brands. Working in nonfiction, the Manager will have the opportunity to delve into many categories, including: news; entertainment and pop culture; sports; children’s; religion; cooking; health & wellness; and science. It is a position that will have the ability to directly impact the future growth and visibility of the division.
Publishing strategy & development, partner and concept ideation, research, sales presentations, contract negotiation and execution.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Identify trends and opportunities, locate and research potential partners, and initiate contact;
• Screen potential business deals by analyzing the market, deal requirements, and future potential of the brand/partner;
• Articulate the “big idea” with new partners;
• Create and maintain relationships with potential and established partners;
• Craft and present new business proposals;
• Develop and negotiate contracts, close deals;
• Evaluate options, financial considerations, and internal priorities before offering recommendations;
• Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, finance, and editorial departments;
• Build and adjust individual brand/partner strategies in order to meet market needs.
• 5+ years of acquisition or licensing experience
• Experience with brands and P&L management
• A leader and self starter who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to manage several projects and partners simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal, analytic and organizational skills
• Creative and eager to brainstorm ideas
• Detail-oriented with good verbal communication and writing skills
• Proficient in creating and updating Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Word documents
• Interest in Lifestyle and Children’s publishing, as well as Pop Culture a plus
|About Our Company
||Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world reaching more than 130 million consumers each month across multiple platforms. With influential brands such as TIME, PEOPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, InStyle, REAL SIMPLE, Wallpaper, Travel + Leisure and Food & Wine, Time Inc. is home to celebrated events and franchises including the FORTUNE 500, TIME 100, PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's Sportsman of the Year, the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen and the ESSENCE Festival.