|Publication or Company
Macmillan Science & Education
||Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Other Publishing
New York, NY
|| Macmillan Science and Education is a global information and technology group, comprising of a wide range of science, education and academic businesses dedicated to transforming learning and discovery. We are looking for an experienced internal communications professional with a proven track record in delivering effective and engaging internal campaigns to join our global communications team.
Based in New York, you will spend much of your time working closely with our Chief Operations Officer and Chief Technology Officer and their global leadership teams. By developing and implementing creative communication plans, you will help them deliver their strategic objectives and demonstrate how their departments are supporting innovation and collaboration across our businesses.
As part of your responsibility for US regional internal communications, you will lead the communication stream of a major change programme to move 900 staff from five existing New York offices to an inspiring new home at One New York Plaza, ensuring that everyone has a voice and is supported throughout the transition with clear and timely information.
Although able to work remotely and independently, you will also be a key member of the wider global communications team, actively involved in the design and delivery of global, group-wide communication activities and representing the views of your stakeholders.
Global Operations and Technology:
• Develop messaging and deliver communication plans to support the business-case for integrated Operations and Technology teams globally and demonstrate the impact of planned activities
• Ensure communication from the Operations and Technology teams remained closely linked to business priorities and wherever possible tells a united story
• Identify relevant opportunities to build the profiles of the Global COO and CTO and their leadership teams internally and externally (where appropriate) as part of a broader leadership communication strategy
• Create opportunities for the Operations and Technology leadership teams to connect with their own teams and the businesses they support and develop two-way forums for discussion and feedback
• Act as the communications lead on high-impact Operations or Technology projects/programs ensuring communication objectives are met
• Provide communication advice and coaching to Operations and Technology leadership team members as required and participate in leadership meetings
• Provide focused support to the Chief People Officer during the ongoing development and delivery of the MSE people plan and touch points on the talent journey
• Lead the communication and engagement work stream of the New York Campus program to relocate 900+ employees from five existing offices to one shared downtown location
• Support the Global Internal Communication Manager with the design and delivery of global, group-wide communication activities providing insight into the needs of our US teams
• Support other members of the Global Communications Team with activities which have an impact on employees in the US and tailor communications for this audience as required
• Senior responsibility for delivering effective, engaging internal communications
• Proven track record in communicating through change
• Experience of working in a global team – cultural sensibilities and understanding of how to tailor centrally developed plans/materials
• Previous experience of working with Technology and/or Operations teams (especially within Publishing) an advantage
• Strategic approach to communication challenges
• Ability to work remotely and independently
• Ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and priorities
• Ability to present complex concepts or information in a simple, engaging way
• Pragmatic, can-do approach
• Strong written skills – accurate, concise and engaging style
• Gravitas to advise senior stakeholders and be the Global Communications Team representative in the US
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree as minimum