|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Mobile, Other Publishing, Social Media, Web Development
||401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
Project Management addresses the full range of activities from the beginning to the end of a project and addresses the management of multiple projects within programs and across organizations. PM addresses “technical” skills such as scheduling, cost estimating, and statistical risk management, encompasses complex disciplines such as scope (product) definition, procurement management, and communications, and requires “soft” skills such as management, exceptional judgment, strong initiatives, collaboration across diverse groups, and interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for multiple projects, many of which are complex in duration and production.
• Project Initiation
o Coordinate job creation with finance team
o Leading the client kickoff meeting with participation from team members
o Establish roles and responsibilities chart (RACI) on a project level at the kickoff of every project
• Scope & Time Management
o Developing thorough schedules, identifying down to the sub-task level, participating in the assignment of resources, and establishing predecessors and dependencies
o Coordinating with the Client Services Department to ensure they meet the creative briefing
o Driving the project team to schedule in a constructive, collaborative, and partnership-inspired manner to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
o Controlling schedule by taking corrective and preventative actions to keep on track.
• Cost Management
o Monitoring overall costs within each project, including confirming with the Client Services team that the client has approved all estimates
o Assist in estimating costs and determining budget with Client Services team
o Oversee project cost functions to ensure budgets are on track
• Quality Management
o Managing the timely delivery of reviewed and approved deliverables to Client Services team for presentation to the client
o Ensuring that the expectations regarding a project’s QC are clearly documented to the team (e.g., proofreading guidelines, technical specifications, etc.)
o Plan quality into project timelines to allow for quality assurance and quality control
• Logistics management – routing through the agency team:
o Concepts and comps
o Copy and layout
o Live files
o Match prints (in partnership with production)
o Digital proofs
• Project risk management
o Change management: Confirming Client Services documentation of client amendments and revisions, updating the timeline and resource allocations where required, and apprising the team of any resulting changes (especially account, who in turn must apprise the client)
o Timely identification and dissemination of issues, which could impact the project’s success, along with suggestions for workaround or resolution
• Project archival: closing and wrapping the job
• Ensure maintenance of accurate time sheets that are completed by required deadlines
• Project communication management
o Seamless coordination across existing traditional, video and digital production teams
o Manage the information preparation and information flow into project team (clear, documented instructions, guidelines, etc.)
o Ensuring that all members of a project team are fully apprised as to current status and their required next steps to ensure successful project completion
o Adhere to the RACI chart to promote healthy communication in a team
o Attend all status meetings
• To ‘manage the anxiety’ of the project stakeholders. Of equal importance to successfully completing a project is to ensure that our client stakeholders have a positive experience.
o Manage stakeholder expectations with proactive communication about changes, risks and status
• To bring to each project a consistent and skilled execution of the following, resulting in the project being delivered as agreed in terms of cost, time, and quality:
o Project scope management
o Project time management
o Project cost management
o Project quality management
o Project risk management
• To ensure that consistent best practice principles are applied throughout each of the five phases of project development (Initiation, Discovery, Content, Design, Development, and Deployment)
• Once resources are assigned, ensuring that they are beginning and completing their sub-tasks on schedule, and providing information and interim deliverables to other members within the team
• Identifying coverage gaps and working with their management team to establish contingency coverage
• Extensive experience and technical understanding across all media including an emphasis on digital/social/mobile project management.
• Must have thorough experience managing complex integrated content marketing programs
• A Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in project management
• Strong presentation, interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to influence actions/decisions of others
• Knowledge of project management methodologies
Does this sound like your experience? Are you up for the challenge? Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
We offer a fun, past-paced, dynamic and collaborative culture paired with a great work environment and competitive benefits.
Please submit your resume via this posting. Due to the high volume of resumes that we receive, as tempting as it might be to call us, we ask that you don't. We also don't like paper, so please don't fax or mail us paper resumes. If you have what it takes, you can expect to hear from our hiring manager. We look forward to hearing from you!
|About Our Company
||McMurry/TMG (mcmurrytmg.com) is the leading content marketing agency in the U.S., dedicated to delivering strategic, transformative brand experiences that engage customers and drive measurable results. Its 270 staff members are located in five offices in New York, Arizona and Washington, D.C., and they work together to help clients extend brands, boost engagement, build communities and deliver revenue through powerful content. Clients include industry leaders such as WebMD, Amtrak, CBS Television, The Ritz-Carlton, CDW, Reed Exhibitions, 21st Century Insurance, Verizon, HP and Baylor Health.