|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, B2B Publishing, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Finance/Real Estate/Legal, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Our new Senior Editorial Writer knows the financial services industry as well as our clients do. She or he can speak the language on a wide range of wealth management and investment strategies and products. More importantly, our Sr. Editorial Writer can translate that language into prose that connects, informs and engages a variety of audiences. She or he is an established practitioner of the craft and can handle projects independently if need be but isn’t a loner. Our new writer wants the hands-on, fun-loving and friendly life of working at a smallish, dynamic shop and we’re happy to oblige.
* Develop new ideas and topics for content, participate in brainstorming sessions, give input into a creative brief and ask the right questions
* Write brilliantly for long-form web and digital communications for both B2B and B2C audiences
* Manage the development of multiple deliverables on multiple topics for multiple clients on multiple timelines
* Adopt appropriate client voices as defined by prior work and brand guidelines
* Grasp a client’s brand & business objectives and translate them into a compelling and engaging experiences
* Conduct subject matter expert interviews and partner with others on developing productive probing questions
* Conceiving and guiding alternate ways to communicate the story (e.g., infographics, video, games, case studies, and whatever else you can think of that’s smart and engaging)
* Partner with design team to help your story live visually
* Organize, present and be prepared to defend concepts and rationale (internally and externally) in a clear manner
* Stay on top the financial services industry news as well as marketing and advertising techniques/trends
* Follow good file management practices and version control and provide the occasional on-time timesheet
* Actively participate in that mushy culture-building stuff that makes all the time we spend at work more enjoyable
* Ability, and enough patience, to work with the client during the revision process and through legal approvals. Knowing when to compromise and when and how to push back
* 10+ years of editorial writing experience for the Financial Services category (wealth management, retirement services, asset management) is a MUST, both B2B and B2C
* Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication or a related field
* Examples of work that prove depth of experience and channels
* Experience managing content development and publishing
* Experience in social media marketing and building social media engagement (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
* Solid understanding of the financial services industry and related topics such as personal finance, relevant policy, the regulatory environment, investing, and philanthropy
* Knowledge of industry best practices, and is able to present a convincing case when they feel those best practices need to be broken
HNW is a smallish shop primarily focused on below-the-line work as we push ourselves along the edge of time, space and SoHo. Now stop being so lazy and read a more formal explanation of what we do and who we are at hnw.com.
|About Our Company
||HNW is an enterprise relationship marketing and technology firm serving distributed sales organizations. Since 1999, some of the world’s best-known financial brands have trusted us to help their advisors, relationship managers and frontline employees better engage their clients and prospects to grow their business. Our relationship marketing solutions provide our clients with the insights, content and tools they need to build dependable, long-term customer relationships at scale.
We offer a unique opportunity to qualified candidates to excel in a creative, collegial and entrepreneurial environment. Our company has been characterized by high growth, and employees work in dynamic, multidisciplinary teams. If you’re interested in working at a firm that is tenacious, focused, inventive, passionate, personal and insightful, we invite you to apply.
HNW is headquartered in New York City. For more information on HNW please visit www.hnw.com.