|Publication or Company
Youth Renewal Fund
||Graphic Design/Art Direction, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Non-profit, Social Media, Web Development
New York, NY
||Online Communications Manager
Youth Renewal Fund (YRF) seeks a manager of online communications with a strong interest in digital media and web-based technology to join its team. The position will contribute to YRF’s growth and success by administering the day-to-day components of the organization's website, managing social media outreach, overseeing online engagement initiatives, managing a website redesign and by assisting in the execution of communications, program, and fundraising strategies. This professional will play a critical role in expanding YRF’s technological outreach capabilities and maximizing its online presence. The right candidate will be passionate about digital marketing/ web and its potential as a tool for social change.
Duties and responsibilities
• Serve as lead staff person for online engagement initiatives and website redesign including concept and deployment strategy, identifying and contracting with appropriate vendor partners, monitoring of budget, and producing evaluation materials
• Oversee online engagement efforts and manage website, , online communications, email campaigns, online giving, and social media profiles
• Measure, analyze, and report on effectiveness of online engagement
• Supervise outside agencies and vendors to maximize productivity
• Help train staff and volunteer leaders on web-related tools and activities
• Steward technology vendor relationships to maximize productivity and keep up-to-date about product enhancements
• Assisting with copywriting, graphics, and production elements of website;
• Other duties as assigned
Education and qualifications
• BA/BS required
• 2-4 years of experience in digital marketing including online communities, social media and web technology.
• Knowledge of website development techniques (HTML), user-experience strategy, and best practices for effective website navigation structure
• Demonstrated ability to use open source and proprietary content management systems, experience with Wordpress preferred.
• Experience with e-advocacy, email, and online giving software strongly preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, and computer skills (MS Office, etc.), as well as strong proofreading, editing, and communication skills (written and oral)
• Proven ability to multitask, plan and meet deadlines under time constraints, and work independently and collaboratively
• Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and social media analytical tools
• Design experience (comfortable with the Adobe Creative Suite)
• Self-starter and someone who has the drive to stay on top of current online technology trends, particularly within the non-profit industry
• Knowledge of Jewish/Israel philanthropy helpful but not required
• Commitment to YRF’s mission of helping Israeli children change their lives through education essential
|About Our Company
||YRF was established in 1989 to provide supplemental education to disadvantaged children in Israel. The organization has a 25 year track record of success and is poised to growth exponentially in the next 3 years. This position is a critical part of the that growth.