|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Web Development
New York, NY
||mediabistro.com is dedicated to enhancing the careers of media professionals at all levels. Mediabistro.com is the premier career, community, and content resource for media professionals.
As a Web Production Coordinator, you will be an integral part of the growing Mediabistro Inc. business products/services within the IT team. The opportunity is for a diverse individual who wants to create solutions for our 26+ web sites using various technologies. If you're looking to join a smaller development team that has a say in UI/UX solutions, then we have a job for you.
Your activities include:
- Producing and maintaining digital deliverables using visual mockups, established branding, and business requirements
- Working with the Art Director to update existing styles and build out new designs, while balancing pixel-perfect desires with clean markup
- Working with the marketing team to create HTML email templates using industry standards and efficient nested table structures
- Using internal tools to test HTML emails and scheduling them to send
- Training and supporting users to add and update HTML templates using snippets that you create for them
- Know how to use in-browser debugging tools, such as Firebug, Chrome dev tools, or IE Developer tools
- Understand common cross-browser compatibility issues, and how to fix them
- Have working knowledge of table structure markup necessary for HTML emails
- Be comfortable using Photoshop to measure layouts, sample colors, and to crop and save assets.
- Have experience with a source control system, like Git or Perforce
- Knowledge of another web programming language, like PHP or VBScript
- Experience with WordPress or Drupal templates and modules
- Familiarity with markup for responsive websites and/or email templates
- Familiarity with linux command-line for file manipulation.
Please submit links to live sites, or github repos of previous work (personal projects are welcome). Note: we’ll be viewing source more than aesthetics. If you worked as part of a team on a project, please note the portions you did work on, and your role.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
|About Our Company
||mediabistro.com is a community of media professionals that has grown over 14 years with tremendous good will. We're a small, fast growing company with offices in Manhattan.
Our Vision: A vibrant place for creative and content industry professionals (media people) to come for fulfillment of their professional aspirations and social needs. A crossroads of commerce, marketplaces and career paths; a center of teaching; a source of inspiration and fun that generates a shared identity and feeling of connectedness between media people and their chosen profession.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a very generous benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, paid vacation/sick/personal/company holidays, 401K, fitness reimbursement, FSA, and commuter discounts!