|Publication or Company
||401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
||• Bachelors Degree and Photoshop expertise
• 5+ years of experience in the online media industry; experience at a fast-paced lifestyle website a bonus
• Deep knowledge of photo contracts, usage rights, licensing, and copyright
• Experience uploading images, captions, keywords, and copyright details to a CMS
• Needs to be creative, productive, and also a bit of an “enforcer” when it comes to high standards for photos.
• Must demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the competitive landscape
• Accuracy in work and solid editorial judgment is a must.
• Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
• Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
SheKnows offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please visit our website at www.sheknows.com.
|About Our Company
||SheKnows is the top women's lifestyle community on the web. We empower today's woman with community-inspired content that's smart, bold and relevant. From food and family, to health and beauty, SheKnows knows what women want now and anticipates what's coming tomorrow. We gossip, dish and entertain; we inform, support and inspire -- all the characteristics a woman looks for in a trusted friend.
SheKnows is looking for a creative Photo Editor that can help lead the editorial look and feel of the site. This is a hands-on position that will guide writers and editors in defining photo parameters and sensibilities site-wide. This candidate needs to be self-motivated and energized.
This is a full-time position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
• Support the editorial workflow by choosing photos and creating graphics for stories.
• Optimize all visuals on site for social media promotion on Pinterest, Facebook, etc.
• Create graphics (stock driven, infographics, memes, etc.) to support stories and social shares across a wide variety of women’s lifestyle content.
• Shoot photos as needed. Create an original approach to our photography.
• Conduct training sessions for our growing team of best photo practices.
• Lend a creative voice to editorial decisions and directions, from the creating and shaping of posts to overall site usability & appearance
• Need to be actively engaged with current events with the ability to create kick-ass, must-click slideshows.
• Will work with our SEO team to ensure that SEO and metadata needs are expertly and consistently met.