||The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and implementing Kellogg School’s social media strategies and marketing plans. He/she oversees Kellogg School social media activities, monitors and evaluates our online presence, and advises leadership on the effective use of social media for various developing and enforcing policies, introducing and refining processes, and evaluating tools and software. The Social Media Manager works with marketing and communication directors to incorporate social media into their broader plans. He/she works with the Kellogg community manager and content producers to help guide content creation and versioning, develop influencer strategies, and formulate test plans to optimize performance.
Reports to Director of Content Strategy
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies :
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or comparable field.
- Six or more years’ experience in digital marketing, ideally in an integrated marketing environment
- Strategic thinker who can develop and manage strategies for multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communicator with editorial skills. Practiced at writing for web and social channels.
- Proficiency working with popular social media platforms and tools.
- Analytical skills to measure social media impact and determine actionable insights.
- Track record of implementing governance across a large, complex organization.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies :
- Experience managing 1,000+ member online communities
- Established footprint and proven ability to manage continuous professional presence in social media
“As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.”
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please apply via the Northwestern University Careers Website: http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/index.html and then select Job ID 23817.
|About Our Company
Social Media Manager, Kellogg School of Management
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider an opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.