|Publication or Company
The Woods & Co
||Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media
New York, NY
• Develop creative content and publish through various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and more.
• Manage day-to-day interactions with online communities and media contacts.
• Create client pitches and distribute to appropriate media base.
• Create press releases on behalf of clients and surrounding breaking news and event.
• Promote and support The Woods & Co blog.
• Identify opportunities to grow clients’ and The Woods & Co’s audience and voice.
• Regularly provide feedback of insights gained from social media monitoring to the PR team, to ensure that social outreach is fully integrated with print, web, PR and event marketing in a timely fashion.
• Continuously explore new and existing social platforms, services and tools to increase reach and engagement.
• Build strong relationship within the social media influencers as well as media contacts, (print, broadcast and online especially).
Desired Skills & Experience
• Direct PR agency experience required.
• Candidates must have a 4-year college degree and strong contacts with NY and LA media.
• Results oriented professional who can think out of the box and come up with innovative pitch angles.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to multi-task and driven to consistently meet deadlines.
• Energetic, with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, constantly evolving small business environment.
• Must be proficient in Cision.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios with examples showing successful work from concept to completion.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Experience working with social media software & analytics.
|About Our Company
||The Woods & Co is a boutique beauty, fitness and lifestyle public relations agency with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We are seeking a Social Media/Account Coordinator for our NYC office to assist with traditional PR campaigns as well as develop and execute social media initiatives for our clients. The ideal candidate will possess skills in traditional media relations as well as event execution, marketing and social media experience. We are looking for a creative thinker with strong social media chops, top notch writing and design skills, with a keen attention to detail.