|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Other Publishing, Social Media
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing
New York, NY
||WeightWatchers.com is seeking a skilled wordsmith to write for our standout subscription-based weight-loss service at WeightWatchers.com. We’re on the lookout for someone who can take ideas, facts and additional information and turn them into something inspiring plus facilitate conversation amongst WW members. You should be able to pen prose that grabs our members; craft words that make them crave for more. You’ll be part of the team who creates our editorial and community content and messaging, which helps give our members the tools to lead healthier lives.
We’re looking for someone to:
• Create the content for a variety of consumer-focused communications channels, including: interactive tools, digital newsletters, targeted messaging, online and in-store promotions, online marketing campaigns, in-store collateral, consumer testing and surveys.
• Concept and collaborate with product, marketing and creative teams, including marketing managers, product managers, interaction designers, art directors, and programmers and editors to ensure copy is delivered on deadline and in accordance with business objectives.
• Determine what makes products appealing to consumers.
• Write compelling, grammatically correct long-form copy and effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action.
• Be comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats.
• Think independently. Be able to generate and present fresh ideas for content.
• Working closely with WW Community manager and customer service department to make sure our internal and external social spaces are strategically aligned.
• Identifying, developing and nurturing relationships with appropriate bloggers/vloggers.
• Working with international teams to develop Community content strategies.
• Stay abreast of Social and Community tools and industry trends.
• Suggesting content ideas for WW community’s homepage, challenges, blogs, and other community features.
• Developing a set of best practices and manage recommended rules of engagement.
• Experience with community moderation and conversation analysis/reporting.
• 3+ years professional copywriting experience, of which at least 1 year was in an online environment (advertising or marketing copywriting preferred).
• A well-rounded online portfolio.
• A strong interest in health and weight loss issues.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• The ability to collaborate, take constructive criticism, and to seek out and act on peer/client feedback.
• Strong communication, writing and editing skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities.
• Work independently, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
• The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A positive attitude and openness to developing new expertise and taking on new challenges.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment.
• A BA in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field.
• Curiosity and passion for digital media.
Extremely helpful, but not required:
• Knowledge of how Weight Watchers plan works
• Familiarity with project management software
• Working with content management systems
|About Our Company
||Weight Watchers is an international leader in healthy lifestyle change. We are proud to say we have successful members all over the world whose lives we have helped transform. Our success is built on giving our members the tools they need to lead happier, healthier lives. We believe if they don’t succeed, neither do we. Our employees are directly behind the positive and powerful results we see in our members. Our company is buzzing with incredible minds that have created some of the most progressive ideas seen in health and wellness. We are continually building an environment where we learn from each other, laugh together and constantly strive to make our company even better. We are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team and make a global impact. It just may be you. Believe. It’s a powerful thing.