Media Education Coordinator
|Publication or Company
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
• Oversee registration, placement, enrollment and tracking of community members into MNN media education classes
• Assist the Manager of Education in developing curriculum and creating course materials
• Prepare course material for media workshops
• Assist in the assessment of education programs and teacher training programs and initiatives
• Assist in planning and implementing calendar of classes and workshops
• Teach video, TV studio, and multimedia workshops for community producers and community based organizations
• Provide technical and creative consultation to students and community producers
• Plan and facilitate MNN Orientation sessions for Manhattan residents
• Assist in the production of short promotional videos related to MNN’s education program
• Assist in oversight of student interns
• Assist in tracking community producer training credentials in a database application
• Research and publish blog entries on production tips and best practices for students and community producers
• Preparing monthly media education realted usage statistics
• Keeping class schedules updated on the MNN website
• Contract with additional instructors as needed.
• Understand and implement MNN policies, rules and regulations
• Respond to public inquires about training via phone and email
• Arrange logistics for classes including scheduling instructors, reserving rooms and studios, and preparing handouts
• Assist with general upkeep and cleanliness of classrooms, studios, and equipment.
Other Job Requirements:
• Strong interest in community media and education
• Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and make recommendations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public
• Position requires evening and weekend work hours.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in media, video, communications, journalism or equivalent experience
• 3 + years experience in media field
• Minimum 2 years teaching and curriculum development experience
• Demonstrated studio production, field and post-production knowledge and skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology skills
• Knowledgeable in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
|About Our Company
||Manhattan Neighborhood Network, New York City's largest community media organization, is seeking an Education Coordinator to assist with all aspects of our adult media education program. MNN's media classes enroll more than 1,600 students annually and aim to teach Manhattan residents and members of community-based organizations how to make, package and distribute media on multiple platforms.