NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GROUP AND NBCSN: When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 12 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 90 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2020 Summer Games will have presented a total of 17 Olympic Games and 11 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCSN is also cable television home of the National Hockey League (NHL), Premier League, Formula One, Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France, the 34th America's Cup, and beginning in 2015, NASCAR. In addition, NBCSN features college football, college basketball, college hockey, cycling, outdoor programming, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs including NFL Turning Point, Pro Football Talk, NASCAR AMERICA and the Dan Patrick Show. NBCSN is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.
Role Purpose Reporting to the SVP of Research; the Vice President is responsible for leveraging ratings data and other syndicated audience measurement tools to deliver prescriptive insights that drive audience and business development for the NBC Sports Group. Role is focused on NBCSN properties (NHL, Premier League, Motorsports, etc); but includes analysis of metrics across the NBC Sports Group.
- Oversight of Ratings reporting including national and metered market data
- Provide regular insights of audience trends to programming/scheduling teams and senior management including direct presentations
- Support finance and sales teams with estimates/forecasts of NBC Sports and NBCSN programming; includes estimates of targeted program acquisitions
- Create viewer profiles and target audience analyses for marketing department, including campaign effectiveness
- Oversee tracking of competitive properties and networks
- Manage two direct reports with one-over-over responsibility for 2+ analysts
- Prioritize demands of departmental day-to-day deliverables while still working on long term projects
- Liaison with Primary research on viewer panel surveys and other research efforts
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience in media research with knowledge of a variety of traditional and non-traditional research tools in the cable and broadcast industry
- At least three (3) years management experience at a Director level or above, leading and managing a team
- Bachelors' degree in related field of study
- Expert Knowledge of Nielsen systems including Galaxy Explorer, Npower, and Arianna
- Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Proficient in all MS Office products, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience interfacing with senior level leadership
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Passion for Sports and Television
- MBA a plus
- Analytical and creative thinker; ability to multi-task and be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment