|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Mobile, TV/Cable
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Reuters is the world’s largest news organization. We employ over 2,700 journalists in 200 countries and are trusted by consumers, the media and financial markets to provide real-time text, images and video across every type of news and in more than 20 languages. We are part of Thomson Reuters the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals with a market cap of over $28 billion.
As part of our drive for innovation and growth we are launching a consumer video startup called REUTERS.TV that will provide a completely new type of mobile video news service. This is a unique opportunity to join a media/technology startup within one of the world’s leading content producers and brands. You will be a founding member of a small team that builds and launches this revolutionary product.
The Product Director will have responsibility for the launch, analytics and development of product features within REUTERS.TV. As an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys detail you will work with our technology, editorial, marketing, sales and design teams to build and measure this new service. You will be hands-on professional with significant experience in mobile product management and analytics. As this is a start-you will be comfortable with building products from the ground up and relish the nimbleness, creativity and entrepreneurship that a new business demands.
Please note: due to the proprietary nature of the REUTERS.TV it will operate in stealth mode until launch and we are limited as to the level of detail we can supply to candidates initially.
• Develop and manage product roadmap and feature set
• Manage implementation of product roadmap
• Measure development progress and ensure on-time product delivery
• Define and develop new product features and content types
• Define analytics requirements
• Manage 3rd party implementations
• Deliver reports on product progress and usage
• Partner with key stakeholders to create product requirements and creation of business use cases
• Manage stakeholder expectations
• Product road map
• Product feature-set and design
• Relevant vendors
• On time product releases and implementations
• Quality of product innovation and delivery
• Quality of reporting and analysis
• Quality of stakeholder management
• Customer volume and profitability
• Report to business head
• Work with technology team to define product roadmap and ensure on-schedule delivery
• Work with finance team to provide regular and reliable analysis
• Work with marketing team to support customer acquisition needs
• Work with editorial team to understand infrastructure needs
• Work with vendors, partners and consultants to support team objectives
Experience and skills:
• Quality product management with scalable consumer mobile apps
• Quality experience of working with large scale consumer services
• Significant experience in mobile analytics implementation and reporting
• International experience a preference
• A sense of humor
|About Our Company
||At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.