Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States
The story is yours!
Duration: Full Time
WPBF, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in the West Palm Beach market has an opening for a take-charge Local News Producer who knows how to create meaningful and memorable newscasts. This person must work well under deadlines and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We expect excellent news judgment, flexibility, and a positive can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track of aggressive breaking news coverage, creativity, and strong story selection. You must be an excellent writer who takes pride in clean scripts with compelling and concise storytelling. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing news environment. Candidates must work fast under deadlines and remain calm under pressure. We are looking for a producer who understands the need for team building and great communication/relationships with colleagues. You will report to the News Director.
- Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewer
- Work with and guide reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- Boothing assigned newscasts, breaking news and weather events
- Live timing newscasts
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Severe weather coverage experience is a plus
- Strong presence in the control room
- Operate Teleprompter as needed
- Must be available to work holidays, and all other shifts including overnights and nights, and be flexible and available during breaking news
- In-person attendance is required
- Producers who are bilingual are highly encouraged to apply
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst’s benefit programs are modern, flexible, and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental |Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet you and your family’s needs.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.