Hearst Television, Kansas City, MO, United States
The story is yours!
Do you want to join a premier multimedia company? When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but you will be a part of a progressive culture where your talents will be valued and rewarded.
KCWE, the Hearst Television CW affiliate in Kansas City, is looking for a Multimedia Sales Account Executive to join our team. KCWE features over 40-hours of local KMBC news each week and is Kansas City’s home for sitcom hits like Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory, as well as premium Primetime shows like The Flash, Walker and Kung Fu.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive who will develop and maintain business across all platforms – TV, digital, and multicast. The ideal candidate has media sales experience, is a self-starter, detail-oriented, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has a desire to WIN! Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career, make a great living and join a top company within the broadcast media industry? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
As an Account Executive, you will primarily be enterprising new business each week, meeting with key decision-makers, as well as maintaining a book of established business that you will ultimately grow through relationship-building. It is the expectation that you will meet with clients in-person as well as have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed.
- Generate new business revenue across all platforms
- Manage and cultivate an active account list
- Ensure all revenue goals are achieved/exceeded
- Create and present sales presentations to client/agency personnel
- Collaborate with other departments within our station to ensure client satisfaction
- 2+ years of media sales experience preferred, plus a solid understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of media sales experience
- Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Kantar or other commercial monitoring program, and Microsoft applications is a plus
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.