Back in April, Facebook unveiled the Evolution Bureau-built “Facebook Studio,” a digital space where creative marketing types could showcase and archive their work and comment on the work of others.
At the time of its launch, you probably thought Facebook Studio sounded like a neat idea and something you would submit your agencies’ campaign work to once you had a free minute to upload a case study. Then, as you were reading this, you thought, “Oh yeah, that Facebook ad thing I forgot to do,” and visited Facebook Studio’s site to see if other creatives were making use of the portal.
As it turns out, a lot of agencies have been using Facebook Studio, specifically for the purpose of drawing some attention to social media-specific campaigns and pretty custom tabs. And, perhaps to inspire you to post even more work to the FB space, EVB has now rolled out a series of print ads that urge advertising pros to enter the Facebook Studio Awards, which was announced a couple of months back and is yet another opportunity for self-congratulation among those in the industry who like trophies.
To refresh your memory, the deadline for submission is December 31, and entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Is the campaign social? Are people and social interactions at the core of the idea? Does it motivate people to share?
- Does it make full use of Facebook marketing products? Does the campaign take advantage of Facebook’s full potential?
- Does it integrate with other media? Is the Facebook idea part of a larger multimedia campaign?
- Does it scale? Is it easy for people to interact with and share your content.
Interested competitors can submit their work here. Check out one more ad and credits from EVB after the jump.
FORMAL CLIENT NAME: Facebook Studio
CAMPAIGN TITLE: Facebook Studio Awards
EXECUTION TITLE: Old Spice, Timeline, Deadline
AGENCY: Evolution Bureau
LAUNCH DATE: December 5th, 2011
EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Stephen Goldblatt
ART DIRECTOR: Ryan Holland
COPYWRITER: Chris Mead
DESIGNERS: Devin Croda
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Craig Batzofin
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT SERVICES: Cary Savas
PROJECT DIRECTOR: Emily O’Hara
PRODUCTION COMPANY: Josh Held Designs
DESIGNER: Josh Held
- SapientNitro Launches 'Move You' for Lycra
- YARD Explores Duality for Perry Ellis
- Time Becomes the Latest to Move into Native Advertising with New 8-Person Team
- Cannes-Winning McD's Spot Only Ran in Obscure Australian Paper