TBWA Hunt Lascaris has a new campaign for Student Flights promoting youth travel with the message, “Travel Before it’s Not Fun Anymore.”
The campaign features two funny spots showing grandparents out of their element in more youth-friendly travel destinations: Bangkok and Amsterdam. In “Grandpa,” featured above, an elderly man somehow finds himself at a Thai strip club. He incredulously (and suggestively) holds a ping pong ball, while uncomfortably sizing up his surroundings. The spot manages to do a lot with a little, finding humor in its suggestive content and the perfect expression on the man’s face.
Perhaps even more effective is “Grandma,” which manages the same accomplishment. It shows a grandmother in an Amsterdam coffee house, who is very clearly stoned out of her mind (which has probably worked wonders for her rheumatoid arthritis). The situation makes for a really funny 30-second spot, despite a complete lack of dialogue and little going on aside from the grandmother. Stick around for “Grandma” and credits after the jump.
- Chief Creative Officer: John Hunt
- Client: Student Flights
- Executive Creative Director: John Hunt
- Executive Creative Director: Justin Wright
- Creative Director: Shane Forbes
- Creative Director: Vincent Osmond
- Agency Producer: Sandra Gomes
- Art Director: Melanie Moore
- Art Director: Thereza Norton
- Art Director: Michael Blakey-Milner
- Copywriter: Harry Mackensie
- Copywriter: Natalie Rose
- Production Company: Bouffant
- Director: Dean Blumberg
- Producer: Lindsay-Jane Barnard
- The 10 Biggest Campaign Posts of 2014
- SS+K Dreams of Midnight for Smile Train
- Sprint Confirms Deutsch Win
- We Hear: Mello Yello to Ames Scullin O’Haire?