In case you haven’t heard, the TED2011 event has been taking place this week and today, the organizers announced the winners of their “Ads Worth Spreading” contest, an open challenge to the global ad community to show audiences what ads can mean and say in the digital age.
After poring over 1,000+ submissions from around the world, ten winners were chosen by a panel of 24 judges ranging from creative chiefs to filmmakers to journalists. One that made the cut, W+K’s “Girl Effect – Clock is Ticking” spot for the Nike Foundation, can be seen above. Here’s the full list:
- Chrysler, “Born of Fire”–Wieden + Kennedy
- The Topsy Foundation: “Selinah”–Ogilvy Johannesburg
- Target: “Kaleidoscopic Fashion Spectacular”– Mother NY and Legs Media
- The Nike Foundation: “Girl Effect, The Clock is Ticking”–Wieden + Kennedy
- Intel: “The Chase”–Venables Bell & Partners
- Nokia: “The World’s Smallest Stop-Motion Character Animation”–Wieden + Kennedy London
- Dulux: “Dulux Walls”–Euro RSCG London
- Savory Institute: “Changing Our Future”– Foresight Multimedia
- Hornbach and HEIMAT Berlin: “Infinite House”–@radical.media
- Batelco: “Infinity”– FP7/DXB, Bahrain
You can watch the winning clips as well as the 14 honorable mentions here.