Social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are rapidly changing the ways that businesses and marketers generate leads and target new customers, but it’s important to remember that these tools are still in their infancy and while they are changing the world, we’re not quite there yet.
For many brands, ‘old-fashioned’ and proven online lead generating tools such as search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click (PPC) still dominate their marketing. Social media is making a dent, but how big is it?
This new infographic from Webmarketing123 looks at the state of digital marketing 2011.
- SEO still dominates for marketers, with both B2B (57%) and B2C (41%) businesses stating it makes the biggest impact on their lead generation goals
- 26% of B2B marketers are active in Twitter, behind Facebook (35%) but above LinkedIn (25%)
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter, and 20% have closed deals using Twitter
Overall, 55% of brands have closed deals from social media leads.
- Email Still Beats Social As The Marketer's Weapon Of Choice, Reveals Study [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Brand Awareness, Website Traffic, Customer Insights Top Priorities For Social Marketers [STUDY]
- How To Find B2B Leads In 2014 (Hint: Probably Not On Twitter And Facebook) [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The History Of Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]