Everything you say and do online can have an impact on your reputation.
It’s never been more important to ensure that your presence on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn is as professional as possible. And it’s not just social – search engines, blogs and other websites also leave an easily trackable digital paper trail of both you and your brand.
You don’t have to be squeaky clean – it’s as important to be interesting and relevant – but an awful lot of damage can be done in a very brief period of time by behaving in an inappropriate manner. Before you know what’s happened, your reputation is in tatters and the fallout is irrecoverable.
This infographic from digital marketing agency KBSD looks at how you can manage your personal e-reputation.
- 48% of recruiters and HR professionals refer to personal websites when deciding whether to hire YOU
- 63% of recruiters check social media sites to find out more about potential employees
- 8% of companies have fired someone for abusing social media
The visual also offers tips and advice for managing your online reputation.
- Conversnitch: The Lamp That Live-Tweets Your Private Conversations
- Twitter Apps Are Now More Secure
- Apple, Facebook, Zendesk, Twitter - Was Your Data Compromised In 2013? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn - How To Disappear Online [INFOGRAPHIC]