Online sharing service Shareaholic just released its latest Social Media Traffic Report, based on 13 months of data collected from 200,000 publishers who reach more than 250 million unique monthly visitors.
The biggest takeaway? Facebook grew in traffic referrals 58.81%, Pinterest by 66.52% and Twitter by 54.12% – but Facebook and Pinterest still dwarf Twitter by a considerable amount.
As a point of reference, 0.82% share of visits came from Twitter in January 2012, compared to 0.88% in May 2012 and now 1.17% this past September, so there’s some steady, if slight, growth.
More key findings:
- Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter collectively accounted for 15.22% of overall traffic in September 2013
- Pinterest now drives more traffic to publishers than Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ combined
- StumbleUpon and Reddit referrals are declining
- YouTube and LinkedIn referrals are increasing
As always, take these numbers with (more than) a grain of salt, since your referrals from Google will still dramatically outweight those from any of the networks above.
What social network do you get the most referral traffic from?
- New York Fashion Week on Twitter: More Than 1.2 Million Tweets About #NYFW
- Twitter: More Than 2.4 Million Tweets About #AppleLive (Peaking at 32,305 TPM)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- 81.9% of Social Shares Happen on Facebook (Twitter: 8.6%, Pinterest: 3%) [STUDY]