Katy Perry took command of Twitter’s top spot last month, and, slowly but surely, she’s started to edge away from former number one Justin Bieber, with Perry gaining more than a million new followers over the past month.
Meanwhile, former Twitter numero uno Lady Gaga remains under serious pressure from President Barack Obama for third place, who likely will catch and pass her early next year.
Here’s an updated look at Twitter’s 10 most-popular individuals.
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 48,146,225 followers)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 47,518,176)
3. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 40,797,263)
4. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 40,331,218)
5. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 37,337,229)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 34,535,160)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 33,069,804)
8. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 28,963,484)
9. Jennifer Lopez (@JLo, 25,840,094)
10. Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow, 23,951,500)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- Twitter Average Ad Rates Declined By 18% In Q4 2013, Down 81% Since Q1 2012 [STATS]
- Tweets About The Oscars Were Seen 3.3 Billion Times Worldwide [STATS]
- The 10 Most Popular People On Twitter [STATS]
- The Oscars Gobbles Up The Walking Dead In Top 10 Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings [CHART]