Katy Perry took command of Twitter’s top spot last month, and, slowly but surely, she’s started to edge away from former number one Justin Bieber, with Perry gaining more than a million new followers over the past month.
Meanwhile, former Twitter numero uno Lady Gaga remains under serious pressure from President Barack Obama for third place, who likely will catch and pass her early next year.
Here’s an updated look at Twitter’s 10 most-popular individuals.
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 48,146,225 followers)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 47,518,176)
3. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 40,797,263)
4. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 40,331,218)
5. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 37,337,229)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 34,535,160)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 33,069,804)
8. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 28,963,484)
9. Jennifer Lopez (@JLo, 25,840,094)
10. Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow, 23,951,500)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)
- New York Fashion Week on Twitter: More Than 1.2 Million Tweets About #NYFW
- Twitter: More Than 2.4 Million Tweets About #AppleLive (Peaking at 32,305 TPM)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- 81.9% of Social Shares Happen on Facebook (Twitter: 8.6%, Pinterest: 3%) [STUDY]