You know everywhere online will be consumed by SXSW chatter next week – and it’s already starting. Instead of letting it annoy you, how about using the endless chatter to your advantage?
And knowing which topics are trending at SXSW is key. Fortunately, there’s a spot where you can do just that!
Now you can not only see everything that’s going on at SXSW, you can also track the latest trends courtesy of Topsy’s SXSW Trendspotter hosted by Mashable.
Why do you need to know what’s trending during this event?
Well, if you’re there, it’s the best way to keep tabs on what’s going on around you so you don’t miss out on “the next big thing.” And it’s also a great way to make connections, promote your brand, music, movie – whatever brings you to that hipster nirvana.
If you’re NOT there, it’s even more valuable though because it will allow you to target your tweets to specific audiences. You’ll need to be creative and fast on your feet to ride the hashtagged waves, but it can be done. Check out how these advertisers handled the Super Bowl black out this year if you need a little inspiration.
But as Topsy points out, the real trouble is sorting the noise, because “with thousands of hashtags and millions of tweets, the Twitter conversation around SXSW is more of a cacophony than a symphony.”
Enter Trendspotter. It’s “a mobile-enabled website that lets anyone see what’s trending at SXSW, based on real-time analysis of Twitter conversations.”
The SXSW Trendspotter gives you up-to-the-minute insights into:
- Which topics are trending;
- Which start-ups, brands, bands and films are getting the most buzz;
- Which sessions and events are the most popular;
- Details about the top tweets, news, photos and videos around each topic, and more!
And we know you’re wondering who will be the “Twitter” of SXSW this year (the microblogging platform exploded after attending SXSW in 2008). As of this writing, it appears Spotify is the early SXSW Startup sweetheart. It’s still early though, so it will be interesting to see who ends up on top!
Who do you think will be a SXSW superstar this year? Feel free to share your predictions in the comments.
(Opportunity image from Shutterstock)
- Social Media Experts Lead Interactive Online Event
- Multilingual? Help Translate Twitter Into One Of 48 Languages
- Demographics Pro Releases Free HootSuite App For Detailed Follower Analytics
- Find Out How Many Of Your Twitter Followers Are Real With TwitterAudit