This is a weekly series that looks at the best Twitter-related stories, news and articles within the Twittersphere over the last seven days.
Flutter: The New Twitter?
An Explosion In Twitter Traffic
Create Your Own Twitter Giveaway With Twiveaway.com
Giveaways and competitions on blogs are an easy and proven way to raise traffic and subscribers. Does it work on Twitter? I haven’t tested the service myself, but Twiveaway claims to make it easy.
(Bit.ly had some issues this week, and I shared my own thoughts on the problems with URL shorteners yesterday.)
Seesmic Desktop: The TweetDeck Killer?
How To Harpoon The Fail Whale
The fail whale was giving Twitter users fits all week; here’s a couple of tips on how to avoid that most unwelcome of salty guests.
Version 0.25 of TweetDeck was released this week. New features include rollover previews of shortened URLs and Tinypic thumbnails, as well as improvements in memory usage, and more.
Do You Pass The Social Media Recruitment Test?
This Week On Twittercism.com
- 10 Quick & Easy Ways To Maximise Your Twitter Experience (Saturday)
- We Made Alltop! (Sunday)
- HOWTO: Deal With Spammers, Trolls & Automated Direct Messages On Twitter (Monday)
- HOWTO: Harpoon The Fail Whale (Tuesday)
- Review: Seesmic Desktop. The TweetDeck Killer? (Wednesday)
- Your Office Doesn’t Like URL Shorteners. Now What? (Thursday)
- Three Brand Fails That Prove Auto-Replies On Twitter Are A Bad Idea
- Would You Want To Follow Someone With A Handshake?
- Does Twitter Have What It Takes To Predict A Viral Tweet In Real Time?
- 5 Things Investors Can Learn About Twitter From The Facebook And LinkedIn IPOs