In 2010 the National Retail Federation reported that some 212 million people went shopping on Black Friday, spending an estimated (and heady) $45 billion.
Social media listening service Mashwork analyzed over 270,000 tweets between September 26 and November 17 to discover where Twitter users will be this Black Friday (November 25), and what they’ll be spending their hard-earned money on.
Key takeaways from the infographic:
- Walmart (21%) and Best Buy (20%) are the retailers where the most Twitter users have said they will be shopping
- 46% said they will be shopping for themselves
- Computers and tablets (18%) and video games, music and DVDs (17%) are the most popular purchase choices
- Game Of Thrones Dominated Social Media This Season [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do You Reveal Too Much About Yourself On Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Create Perfect Posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest And Google+ [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Facts, Figures & Statistics - Social Media Usage In The Middle East [INFOGRAPHIC]