In 2010 the National Retail Federation reported that some 212 million people went shopping on Black Friday, spending an estimated (and heady) $45 billion.
Social media listening service Mashwork analyzed over 270,000 tweets between September 26 and November 17 to discover where Twitter users will be this Black Friday (November 25), and what they’ll be spending their hard-earned money on.
Key takeaways from the infographic:
- Walmart (21%) and Best Buy (20%) are the retailers where the most Twitter users have said they will be shopping
- 46% said they will be shopping for themselves
- Computers and tablets (18%) and video games, music and DVDs (17%) are the most popular purchase choices
- Social Media Australia: Retailer Statistics, Facts & Figures [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 67% of Marketers Spending More on Social Media for the Holiday Season [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media Advertising: Myth Busted [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Who Owns Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC]