In 2010 the National Retail Federation reported that some 212 million people went shopping on Black Friday, spending an estimated (and heady) $45 billion.
Social media listening service Mashwork analyzed over 270,000 tweets between September 26 and November 17 to discover where Twitter users will be this Black Friday (November 25), and what they’ll be spending their hard-earned money on.
Key takeaways from the infographic:
- Walmart (21%) and Best Buy (20%) are the retailers where the most Twitter users have said they will be shopping
- 46% said they will be shopping for themselves
- Computers and tablets (18%) and video games, music and DVDs (17%) are the most popular purchase choices
- The ROI of Social Selling [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How 5 Brands Are Using Twitter in Latin America [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Art of Smoasting: How to Boast on Social Media Like a Pro [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media, Great Content and Email Marketing - The Anatomy of a Perfect Event [INFOGRAPHIC]