After the Twitter-related functionality of IFTTT was yanked in September 2012 due to Twitter’s API restrictions, the two platforms made nice and Twitter Triggers are back.
You can now concoct “If… Then” recipes on IFTTT using the following four Twitter Triggers:
- New tweet by you
- New tweet by you with a certain hashtag
- New link by you
- New favorite tweet by you
So any time you do any of the above, you can use IFTTT to trigger another action. A few example recipes using the Twitter Triggers:
In a blog post announcing the update, the IFTTT team wrote, “This is only the beginning!” It’ll be exciting to see what additional Twitter capabilities the service will offer moving forward.
Will you use IFTTT for any Twitter-related recipes?
(IFTTT image via IFTTT.)
- Twitter Ads Launch in 12 New Markets, Including Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Ukraine
- Twitter Working With Payments Startup Stripe on Shopping Button
- Twitter Rated Top Company for Culture and Values
- 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards on Twitter - Which Shows and Stars are Getting the Most Buzz?