Quote(s) of the Day
“Chillaxing at the #MCvilla in Vegas baby.”
- Media Matter’s contributor Karl Frisch in a Monday tweet that seems about as awkward as watching your parents dance in the living room.
Editor diagnoses media with vertigo
“This media summer seems so delusional & vertiginous that I believe neither Tennessee Williams nor Terry Southern would have known what 2 do.” – The Nation‘s Editor Katrina vanden Heuval in a Monday tweet.
Journo gets Jackson face time
“A Jackson hugged me. Be jealous.”
- The Examiner‘s Nikki Schwab in a Monday tweet. She explains, “It was Randy. He concluded our brief interview with a hug. Then I interviewed Jermaine who wasn’t quite as pleasant.” (Randy and Jermaine Jackson were in town for the Children’s Uniting Nations conference, which supports foster youth. Dinner was held at Neyla in Georgetown.)
Kurtz gets dramatic
“Nothing worse than landing after a long delay and not being able to get to the gate. Need an evacuation slide!”
- WaPo‘s Howard Kurtz in a Monday evening tweet.
- Quote of the Day: Greenwald Coming Back to US
- NYT New DC Bureau Chief Carolyn Ryan Looks Around City, Says, 'Hm, Not As Bad As I Thought'
- Barack Obama: Underwood Gets Stuff Done. Alex Burns: False.
- But How Does Dave Weigel Feel About the Obama-Castro Handshake?