Quote(s) of the Day
A slide, what fun!
“Is there a giant inflatable slide on the House floor I’m unaware of?”
- Bloomberg TV’s Lizzie O’Leary on Twitter Tuesday on the suspenseful events of the House floor Tuesday, namely Rep. Charlie Rangel’s (D-N.Y.) unanticipated floor speech.
Not tweeting while vacationing proves fruitful
“Question: why all the new followers when I’m on vacation and not tweeting? Is less more?” – Mother Jones D.C. Bureau Chief and Politics Daily columnist David Corn on Twitter Tuesday. Update: Corn is vacationing on Cape Cod.
Reporter is frank with Ed
“Frankly, it’s people like you, Ed.”
The Hill‘s White House correspondent Sam Youngman on MSNBC’s “The Ed Show” after the host questioned him on what kind of liberals White House Press Sec. Robert Gibbs complained about in a Youngman published Tuesday. Schultz didn’t appear fazed; he thanked Youngman for being on the show.
Oh, Gibbs had sniffles?
“Gibbs has a sore throat ‘and the sniffles’ Burton says, explaining absence from briefing.” – HuffPost‘s Sam Stein on Twitter Tuesday revealing why Deputy Press Sec. Bill Burton filled in for Gibbs.
Journo bashes poor headlines
“By the way: can we not see headlines like ‘primaries test the mood of voters.’ Um yes. That’s what primaries do.”
- The Atlantic‘s Marc Ambinder on Twitter Tuesday.
- Quote of the Day
- Quote of the Day: Greenwald Coming Back to US
- NYT New DC Bureau Chief Carolyn Ryan Looks Around City, Says, 'Hm, Not As Bad As I Thought'
- Barack Obama: Underwood Gets Stuff Done. Alex Burns: False.