Quotes of the Day
Touched by the White House
“WH always beautiful in morning light.”
- CNN Senior White House Correspondent Ed Henry in a Friday morning tweet with his morning photograph above. Memories of lovely Hawaiian summer sunsets are flooding back.
“Dear TV Weatherpeople, it’s pronounced: ‘Eye-gor.’”
- Olivier Knox, political correspondent for Agence France-Presse, in a Thursday tweet.
“Every time I run into my generation’s reluctance to make specific plans, I want to disown all of it.”
- Washington Examiner‘s J.P. Freire in a Thursday tweet.
Mike Allen doesn’t sleep reference #476
“@YoungGunsGOP: Ran into @mikeallen w/ @politico, as usual he was working hard, getting the story#Playbook”
- Three GOP lawmakers catch on to Allen’s alleged insomnia in a Thursday tweet about Politico‘s Mike Allen.
“Heading home to put my little guy to bed.. if I race I can make it!!”
- Fox News anchor Bret Baier in a Thursday night tweet.
Capehart gets noticed
“Baby got legs. LOL//Thanks!!!!
- A writer named @lovelyladypa writes to WaPo‘s Jonathan Capehart after seeing a picture of the scribe in short black shorts from Thursday morning’s MSNBC “Morning Joe” Health Challenge on the National Mall. He’s pleased.