Friday morning, The Daily Caller revealed “TheDC POLITICO Playbook, presented by the Church of Scientology.” It’s a very well-done spoof of the daily roundup that Politico’s Mike Allen sends around each morning. They nail the unconventional style that Allen tends to write in. Naturally, it’s sprinkled with shoutouts to his friends and colleagues. A few of our favorite examples:
- PLAYBOOK FACTS OF LIFE: There are 435 members of the House of Representatives
- SIREN — MARK HALPERIN on “Morning Joe”: “I think Americans are increasingly frustrated…by Washington.”
While it’s a dead-on satire, this can’t be good for the struggling relationship between the two publications. We plan on getting a statement from Jake Sherman just as soon as he’s done sharing that shake with his bro-dawg, Luke Russert.
- DC Journo Sues St. Louis County Over Ferguson Arrest
- NPR Hires Tasneem Raja As Senior Digital Editor of 'Code Switch'
- Boston Globe’s Stephen Heuser to Lead Politico’s New Policy Project
- DC Media Dominates Mediaite's 2014 'Very BEST in Media' Awards