3. The press corps has a new dean.
David Broder is, of course, Dean Emerita, but the Chicago Sun-Times’ Lynn Sweet will probably taking over the daily duties. What do those entail? The unofficial position is part institutional memory, part guardian of journalistic purity: the walking, talking conscience of the press corps, there to remind them that he’s just a president. Sweet, already a well-regarded reporter and infamous for her acerbic personality, has been covering Obama for years and never really swooned for him as so many of her colleagues did.
- Benny Johnson Learns Why You Should Not Photograph DC's 7 Ugliest Gov. Buildings
- Atlantic Media's Defense One Celebrates One-Year Anniversary Since Launch
- The Atlantic Announces Record Growth for Newsstand Sales and Website Traffic
- CQ Roll Call Launches Fifth Policy Pulse Blog - Energy Xtra