3. The press corps has a new dean.
David Broder is, of course, Dean Emerita, but the Chicago Sun-Times’ Lynn Sweet will probably taking over the daily duties. What do those entail? The unofficial position is part institutional memory, part guardian of journalistic purity: the walking, talking conscience of the press corps, there to remind them that he’s just a president. Sweet, already a well-regarded reporter and infamous for her acerbic personality, has been covering Obama for years and never really swooned for him as so many of her colleagues did.
- POLITICO Names 2 Promotions to Executive Leadership Team, Hints at More Expansion
- Arianna Huffington to Staff: 'In August we reached 115 million global unique visitors'
- HuffPost's Ferguson Fellowship $40k Crowd-Funding Goal Met
- Think Progress' Hayes Brown to Join BuzzFeed as a Foreign News Editor