The finalists, in alphabetical order:
1. Rukmini Maria Callimachi, The Associated Press, for post-Katrina coverage in New Orleans.
2. C. J. Chivers, Esquire, for a reconstruction of the Beslan school siege in Russia.
3. Charles Forelle, James Bandler, Mark Maremont & Steve Stecklow, The Wall Street Journal, for articles on stock-options abuses.
4. Jesse Hamilton, The Hartford Courant, for coverage of the Marines of Charlie Company.
5. William Langewiesche, Vanity Fair, for coverage of Iraq.
The awards ceremony is this Thursday.
- FBDC Readers Correctly Predict TIME's Person of the Year!
- Photo Wars: Daily Caller's Halloween Hillary
- Photo Wars: Breitbart News Features Aloof Obama, Angry, Confused Holder
- 10 Bylines We Love for Superficial Reasons