An AnonymASS yesterday wrote in to complain that while we have created Separated At Births for Holly Petraeus and Jill Kelley, two women implicated by Gen. David Petraeus‘ sex scandal, we have yet to run one for the third woman involved, Paula Broadwell.
So here it is. We have two matches for Broadwell. First, the star of HBO’s VeepJulia Louis-Dreyfus:
Second, we see a resemblance to Fran Sinclair of the 1990s sitcom Dinosaurs… Read more
Congratulations are in order for New York mag’s Frank Rich and the crew at HBO’s Veep. The send-up of Washington politics just picked up Emmy nominations for Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for star Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series.
Rich is an executive producer for the show and by far one of the most likable Media Beat guests we’ve had, so we couldn’t think of a better person to get such an honor. Don’t believe me? Check out the video for yourself.
Some leftover inside scoops from the WHCD, affectionately called Nerd Prom by DC journos…
• The real story with Ben and Jen– Jennifer Garner cancelled on host CBS earlier last week and Ben Affleck at the last minute because he was “very sick.”
• We spotted Julia Louis Dreyfus texting from her table to “The New Adventures of Old Christine” co-star Wanda Sykes, the night’s entertainment. We caught up with her at the VF/Bloomberg party and she said she just couldn’t believe her friend was up there on stage with President and First Lady Obama.
• Rachel Sklar tells us Why the Nerd Prom Matters at the Daily Beast. “It’s fashionable to deride the Correspondents’ Dinner-or “Nerd Prom,” as it was dubbed on Twitter-but the fact is, such events can be damned useful. Perhaps not for the person sitting beside Tom Cruise, unless you’re looking for the latest news on Thetan-spotting, but for reporters working a beat and juniors coming up in the ranks, these events provide a great opportunity for meeting, greeting and making an impression.”
• Does the WH press corps really call WHCA President AP’s Jennifer Loven “McLoven” like NBC’s Brian Williams joked during his WHCD presentation? Sklar had the chance to ask her- “No, Brian just thinks that’s hilarious.”
• DUH! Overheard: The Hill newspaper to Alan Greenspan, “Excuse me, sir. We’re trying to get a picture of Ms. Mitchell.” Too bad the Ah, ha! moment came too late- after being corrected by Greenspan: “That’s my wife.”
So just who made the cut at the highly exclusive Vanity Fair/Bloomberg after-party at the gorgeous residence of French Ambassador Pierre Vimont? It was impossible to get in if you weren’t on the list- Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford got turned away at first, but we saw him inside shortly after.
Slashed guest lists, merged parties and budget cuts across-the-board have made WHCD party invites much harder to come by this year. With only two hundred spots up for grabs at Bloomberg’s joint party with Vanity Fair, an invite to Cap File’s fete at the Corcoran Gallery has become a newly coveted prize.