Several journos and political media figures make cameo appearances in Matt Damon‘s new movie, “The Adjustment Bureau” in which Damon plays a politician running for a New York Senate seat.
Posts Tagged ‘Mary Matalin’
HuffPost readers have spoken. And when HuffPost readers speak, the world listens. This time, they have chosen the “Ultimate Media Duo.” (Important to note: unlike most HuffPost lists, this has nothing to do with hotness.)
The title of most ultimate of all ultimate media duos goes to ABC “World News” anchor Diane Sawyer and her husband, director Mike Nichols. In second place, Bloomberg News‘ Washington executive editor Al Hunt and PBS’ “Newshour” anchor Judy Woodruff. And, in third, host of ABC’s “This Week” Christiane Amanpour and Bloomberg‘s Jamie Rubin.
Among the couples not chosen: WaPo‘s Ben Bradlee and Sally Quinn, CNN contributors James Carville and Mary Matalin, CNN’s John King and Dana Bash, and Daily Beast‘s Tina Brown and her husband, former Sunday Times (London) editor Sir Harry Evans.
• CBS’ Face the Nation:
• ABC’s This Week: Barbara Walters in the anchor chair with guest Sen.-elect Scott Brown (R-MA).
• CNN’s State of the Union: White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D), AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and CNN’s Mary Matalin and James Carville.
• Fox News’ Fox News Sunday: Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn), Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind), Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.). Round table: Bill Kristol, NPR’s Mara Liasson, columnist Charles Krauthammer and NPR’s Juan Williams
• CNN’s Reliable Sources with Howard Kurtz: Lauren Ashburn, managing editor and executive producer, USA Today Live; Lola Ogunnaike, pop culture commentator; Robin Liss, president and CEO, Reviewed.com; Steven Levy, author, “The Perfect Thing: How the iPod Shuffles Commerce, Culture, and Coolness.”
• CNN’s GPS with Fareed Zakaria: Director of National Economic Council Larry Summers and Iran Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki.
• Washington Watch with Roland Martin: Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education Arne Duncan.
• CNN’s Amanpour: Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive; Michelle Montas, Haitian journalist and acting chief of the UN mission to Haiti; Amy Wilentz, author of ‘The Rainy Season: Haiti Since Duvalie’ and Leader of the UK Conservative Party, David Cameron.
We’ll update as we get ‘em.
• CBS’ Face the Nation: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• ABC’s This Week: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) and a roundtable with CFR President Richard Haass, ABC’s and columnist George Will, The Nation‘s Katrina vanden Heuvel and WSJ‘s Peggy Noonan
• Fox News Sunday: U.S. Central Command Commander Gen. David Petraeus, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) and a panel with Fox News analysts Weekly Standard‘s Bill Kristol, NPR’s Mara Liasson, former White House press secretary Dana Perino and NPR’s Juan Williams
• Washington Watch with Roland Martin: U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI), and U.S. Army (Retired) Major General John Hawkins, American Urban Radio Networks April Ryan, Republican commentator Ron Christie, Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons, Politico‘s Nia-Malika Henderson and News One/Interactive One’s Smokey Fontaine
• CNN’s Amanpour: Afghan President Hamid Karzai
• NBC’s Meet the Press: Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-TX), Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), Susan G. Komen for the Cure founder Amb. Nancy Brinker, NBC’s Chief Medical Editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman
• CBS’ Face the Nation: Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ), Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) and CBS medical correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton
• ABC’s This Week: Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK), Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE), Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) and a roundtable with ABC’s George Will, Republican strategist Liz Cheney, Aspen Institute’s Walter Isaacson and former Clinton Labor Secretary and The American Prospect‘s Robert Reich
• Fox News Sunday: Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN), Sen. Kit Bond (R-MO), Sen. Arlen Specter (D-PA), Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) and former director of the National Institutes of Health Bernadine Healy
• CNN’s State of the Union: Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO), Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), CNN Republican strategist Mary Matalin, CNN Democratic strategist James Carville, California Republican Senate candidate and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
• Bloomberg’s Political Capital with Al Hunt: Senator Carl Levin (D-MI)
• Washington Watch with Roland Martin: Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Rep. William Lacy Clay, Jr. (D-MO), Active Health Management’s Dr. Melissa Clarke and a panel with NPR’s Michel Martin, TWT‘s Amanda Carpenter, XM Satellite radio’s Joe Madison, Politico‘s Nia-Malika Henderson and News One/Interactive One’s Smokey Fontaine
• CNN’s Amanpour: J Street’s Jeremy Ben-Ami, American Jewish Committee’s David Harris, Afghan Minister of Interior Hanif Atmar and former Finance Minister; Chairman, Institute of State Effectiveness Dr. Ashraf Ghani
Will update as we learn them.
Veteran TV producer Michele Remillard became Executive Producer of C-SPAN’s “Washington Journal” this week.
A veteran of Fox News for 11 years, Michele launched “Beltway Boys” and was a top producer at “Special Report with Bret Baier.” Earlier in her career, Michele helped launch “Hardball with Chris Matthews” at CNBC, where she also produced “Equal Time” when Dee Dee Myers and Mary Matalin hosted. She was also producer at “The McLaughlin Group.”
Good morning FishbowlDC! Today is Veterans Day.
More “Sesame Street” for you- First Lady Michelle Obama guests in a segment about vegetables. Take note. What we know and what we’re reading this Wednesday morning…
TPM: Family Feud: How Much Is Moon Church Conflict Driving Wash Times Turmoil?
“Morning Joe”: The Drinking Game. We suggest playing with mimosas.
Some of our favorite TV pundits are making nice in New Orleans this week at the Bipartisan Policy Center’s “Take the Poison Out of Partisanship” conference. Natives Mary Matalin and James Carville, Mandy Grunwald, Dan Barlett, Hilary Rosen, Steve Schmidt and Joe Trippi are all there. More dets on Politico Click.
And Evening News ratings, courtesy of TVNewser.
More on Dunn via Politico: “In an e-mail, Dunn said: ‘It’s an honor to serve the nation and the President and I have been fortunate to be given this opportunity at this critical time in our history. I look forward to continuing to work for the President’s agenda for change in the future.’”
TPM is hiring a publisher.
• NBC’s Meet the Press: Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey, Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS), Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA), NYT‘s David Brooks, WaPo‘s E.J. Dionne, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, Republican strategist Ed Gillespie and NBC’s Tom Brokaw
• CBS’ Face the Nation: Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Rep. Ike Skelton (D-MO), Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) and Republican political consultant Ed Rollins
• ABC’s This Week: DNC Chairman Tim Kaine, RNC Chairman Michael Steele and a roundtable with Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Republican Pollster and Consultant Frank Luntz and ABC’s Sam Donaldson, Cokie Roberts and George Will
• Fox News Sunday: Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) and a panel with Fox’s Brit Hume, Fox/NPR’s Mara Liasson, Fox/Weekly Standard‘s Bill Kristol, Fox/New York Post‘s Kirsten Powers
• CNN’s State of the Union: Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey, Virginia Governor-Elect Bob McDonnell (R), Republican pollster Bill McInturff, Democratic pollster Peter Hart, CNN’s James Carville and Mary Matalin and former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev
• CNN’s GPS with Fareed Zakaria: Aspen Institute’s Walter Isaacson, “The Years of Lyndon Johnson” author Robert Caro, WSJ’s Peggy Noonan, “Creating Black Americans” author Nell Irvin Painter and former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf
• Bloomberg’s Political Capital with Al Hunt: House Minority Whip Eric Cantor
• Washington Watch with Roland Martin: RNC Chairman Michael Steele, DNC Chairman Gov. Tim Kaine, Congressional Black Caucus Chairwoman Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), commentator and author Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, WaPo‘s Michael Fletcher, Democratic strategist and pollster Cornell Belcher; Politico‘s Nia-Malika Henderson, syndicated columnist and author Deborah Mathis, Comcast Network’s, Roll Call TV’s and Philadelphia Tribune‘s Robert Traynham and News One’s Smokey Fontaine
Will update as we learn them.
• NBC’s Meet the Press: President Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign manager David Plouffe, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, “Where Men Win Glory” author Jon Krakauer and NBC’s Jim Miklaszewski and Andrea Mitchell
• CBS’ Face the Nation: White House senior advisor David Axelrod and Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
• ABC’s This Week: Senior White House advisor Valerie Jarrett and a roundtable with NJ‘s Ron Brownstein, former Bush White House counselor Ed Gillespie, former Clinton White House press secretary Dee Dee Myers, ABC’s George Will and Rev. Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network.
• Fox News Sunday:
• Bloomberg’s Political Capital with Al Hunt: Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) and Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA)
• Washington Watch with Roland Martin: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Democratic strategist and pollster Cornell Belcher, LA Sentinel Danny Bakewell, Urban Radio’s April Ryan, commentator and contributing writer to theroot.com, essence.com and HuffPost Sophia Nelson, Politico‘s Nia-Malika Henderson and Interactive One Chief Content Officer Smokey Fontaine
• CNN’s Amanpour:
Will update as we learn them.
• CBS’ Face the Nation: National security advisor Gen. James Jones, Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), former CENTCOM Commander Gen. Anthony Zinni and Rep. Ike Skelton (D-MS)
• ABC’s This Week: Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan, Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY), Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) and a roundtable with former Bush strategish Matthew Dowd, The Nation‘s Katrina vanden Heuvel, ABC’s Cokie Roberts and ABC’s George Will
• Fox News Sunday: Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) and a panel with Fox News analysts Brit Hume, NPR’s Mara Liasson, NPR’s Juan Williams and Weekly Standard‘s Bill Kristol
• CNN’s Reliable Sources with Howard Kurtz: WaPo‘s Amy Argetsinger, CNN’s Lisa Bloom, Turner Classic Movies’ weekend host Ben Mankiewicz, TWT‘s Amanda Carpenter, CBS’ Byron Pitts and Salon’s Joan Walsh
• CNN’s GPS with Fareed Zakaria: Report of the UN fact finding mission on the Gaza Conflict author Richard Goldstone, “Facts are Subversive” author Timothy Garton Ash, NYT‘s Roger Cohen, Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ Reuel Marc Gerecht and Colombia President Alvaro Uribe
• Washington Week with Gwen Ifill and National Journal:
• Bloomberg’s Political Capital with Al Hunt: Mark Warner
• Washington Watch with Roland Martin:
• CNN’s Amanpour: Iran’s Chief Nuclear Negotiator Saeed Jalili, Tehran University’s Mohammad Marandi, CFR’s Ray Takeyh, former UN advisor Ken Menkhaus, and Oxfam International’s Nicole Widdersheim
Will update as we learn them.