What we almost missed today…
• FNC’s Chris Wallace was in Memphis last night speaking to a crowd at Rhodes College, where his son is a freshman. From the Commercial Appeal: In lamenting the difficult business environment faced by traditional media — especially for the newspapers he says he cherishes — Wallace said, “You’re not seeing the decline of Fox News, baby!” (via TVNewser)
• NYT columnist Thomas Friedman is the lucky recipient of the Urbino Press Award. Really lucky– Friedman will travel to Urbino, Italy this summer to pick up the award. Washington Whispers has the dets here.
• “I’m not a librarian! You give people the impression that I’m some wrinkled-up old man. I’m a reporter… I’m nerdy and I keep records, I’m not a librarian!” -CBS’ Mark Knoller on Bill Press’ radio show today (h/t Shenanigans).
• And lastly, listen to today’s Morning Media Menu on the future of newspapers here.
- Awkward Interactions at Heritage Foundation's Launch of The Daily Signal
- Mice Close Washington Post Cafeteria
- Is Ed Henry the Reason for Mice Problem in White House Press Room?
- MoJo Smacks Down Examiner Writer 'Investigating' Michael Hastings' Death