Our sister-site AllTwitter.com is reporting that Twitter is now allowing some select users to favorite whole accounts. Users have long been able to favorite individual tweets, but the ability to star someone’s Twitter feed is new. AllTwitter’s Allison Stadd explains how the new feature could be useful:
Different people use Twitter’s favorite button for different things (here are my 4 suggestions). But what if you could favorite actual Twitter accounts? Is that something you’d find useful?
Two potential productive uses of the Twitter favorite button (which, as TheNextWeb points out,Sina Weibo already effectively offers):
- The chance to publicly endorse a small handful of Twitter accounts on your profile
- A notification system for when a select group of Twitter users you follow sends tweets
If anyone out there is DC Journo-land is among the lucky few who can favorite accounts, get it touch and let us know how the new feature is affecting your tweeting habits.
- Benny Johnson Learns Why You Should Not Photograph DC's 7 Ugliest Gov. Buildings
- Atlantic Media's Defense One Celebrates One-Year Anniversary Since Launch
- The Atlantic Announces Record Growth for Newsstand Sales and Website Traffic
- CQ Roll Call Launches Fifth Policy Pulse Blog - Energy Xtra