Award show magic and mystery abounds. Or not quite. The WGA has granted waivers to the Feb. 14 NAACP’s Image Awards, the Jan. 27 SAG Awards and the Feb. 23 Independent Spirit Awards,while turning down the Golden Globes, and now the Oscars.
Is all this because the WGA
(1) has so few members of color,
(2) believes actors will sound really, really dumb if left to their own devices, and
(3) all the cool people watch the Indies?
Producer Gil Cates hinted at plans for an alternative Oscar show and we’re guessing he doesn’t have Kre8tive attire, dreads and a performance by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum in mind.
- This EIC's Ambitions Are 'Much Bigger Than Bikinis'
- Jane Fonda Doesn't Want Murdoch to Buy Time Warner
- In Face of 'Capitalist' Criticism, Michael Moore Remains Silent for Now
- Newspaper Reporter Explains the Reasons for His Departure