CNN has added six staffers to the online video development group in New York, FishbowlNY has learned. They include vets from News Corp., Reuters and Fast Company.
- Vivek Kem joins CNN from Fast Company. Berend wrote that Kem will “work closely with Mike Senzon to keep us sharp, creative and proactive in our programming.”
- Jonathan Reyes comes to CNN from Visualy, where he served as creative director. Reyes will work with CNN’s designers and producers.
- John Tortora joins from News Corp. “He is a gearhead with style and massive creativity, along with a seemingly infinite willingness to help,” wrote Berend.
- Connor Boal was most recently with Now This News. Berend explained that Boal “understands how to plug into social news conversations with smart stories.”
- Jackson Loo will serve as a producer for CNN. He, like Boal, was formerly with News Corp.
- Deb Brunswick has been with CNN since 2006, most recently serving as photographer/editor/producer for The Next List. ”I just know that any time I asked someone in the building about Deb they wouldn’t stop saying great things about her,” wrote Berend.
- News Corp, Columbia, NYU Collaborate on Data-Visualization Tools for Journos
- Mashable Adds Tech Reporter, Poynter Names Exec Director
- Malina Joseph Gilchrist Promoted at NY Times Style Magazine
- NYFCC Chair Bounced Out of His Day Job