Listen up, gents! If you’re a REAL MAN of any ethnicity with “Iconic American Style,” then Esquire wants YOU. Fishbowl received a forwarded email from a casting director who’s casting for a March 2006 fashion story on the aforementioned Iconic American Style, seeking men of “all ages, ethnicities, and areas of expertise that combined will cover the span of American style from Ranchers out west, to Hip-hop influences in Atlanta, to Power Wall Street Suits and everything in between.” Sounds like YOU answer to that description!
Or do you? There is a catch: their preferred candidate is 5’10″ – 6’2″ and fits into a size 40-42 jacket (yes, we know that Iconic American Style comes in all shapes and sizes, but the really iconic won’t make the stylist’s job harder than it already is). Shorter? Taller? Bigger? Smaller? You’ve still got a shot, just be aware that your iconicness is not all it could be.
Bu heck, that still leaves the field wiiiide open for the following wish-list of possible style icons:
1. Board of Directors / Top Lawyers at a prestigious Law Firm
2. Creative Director & Top Creative Team (Art Director/Copywriter) at a Successful Advertising Agency
3. Alternative Country Musician
4. Professional rock climber (from Colorado or Utah)
5. Rodeo Champion or Bull Rider
6. Silicon Valley Internet Guru
7. Palm Beach Rich Society Guy (might own a Bentley/Boat and/or Mansion on the beach)
8. Local News Anchor or Weatherman
9. Video Game Developers
10. Autoworker from the Motor City
11. Star High School Quarterback
12. Hip-Hop influenced kids in Atlanta, GA
13. Rancher or Horse-breeder
14. Wealthy Southern Family (plantation / estate in the south)
We’re a little confused why “IT Department Guy” “Video Store Clerk” “Tortured Artist” and “Highly Opinionated Blogger” didn’t make the list, but ours is not to question.
Ours is to HELP! Since Fishbowl is always looking to assist her brethren in the media, we invite interested and qualified parties to send us the following information: name, age, height, jacket size, waist & inseam, shoe size, occupation & contact info. (What? We’re helping. We like to help, particularly with respect to numbers 5, 7, 11 and 13 . Nice horsie). Just kidding, send all info directly to the casting director here. But feel free to cc us if you’re cute.
Submissions must be received by Friday, November 4th. So don’t be shy, gentlemen! P.S. We were kidding about #11. Mostly.