Layoffs, magazine closures and a racially charged cartoon top FishbowlNY’s most-read stories this year. A quick skim through the list says it all about what was most important to you in 2009, from massive layoffs at Forbes and Condé Nast, to bidding mediabistro.com founder Laurel Touby farewell as she headed out on sabbatical.
1. February 18, Is the New York Post Comparing Obama to a Rabid Monkey?
2. February 9, Anderson News Suspends Operations
4. January 28, Will The New Yorker Fold Next?
5. October 28, Forbes Layoffs Decimate Staff
6. September 30, Exit Interview: Mediabistro Founder Laurel Touby
7. September 17, Ira Glass Reveals The End Of ‘This American Life’ TV Show
9. December 15, Breaking: I.D. Magazine Shutters
10. October 26, Breaking: More Layoffs Hit Forbes
- Meet the New Editors
- So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish
- Wanted: Media Blogger Extraordinaire
- FishbowlNY Looks At The Biggest Industry Trends For 2010