We’ve been dazzled by the steady stream of A-list revelers we’ve seen this holiday season on our weekly visits. The delicious mix of celebrities of the big and small screens, media moguls, captains of industry and social swans have more than satisfied our taste for observing boldface names in their natural habitat. It’s comforting to see that Michael’s remains a constant with Gotham’s glitterati. We particularly love it when we see a famous face we’ve not see before amidst the “club.” Imagine our surprise (and everyone else’s for that matter) when we spotted rapper and actor (Crash) Ludacris lunching with Cosmo editrix Kate White.
We were dying to know what this intriguing duo chatted about, so we were delighted when Kate and Men’s Health honcho Dave Zinczenko stopped by to say hello at the bar. Ms. White told today’s lunchtime chronicler Diane Clehane that Ludacris said he reads Cosmo “because it helps him be a better man.” For the record, he also loves Men’s Health. So there, now you know.
Here’s the rundown on the best of the rest:
1. Best selling uber author Mary Higgins Clark presided over a full table of friends and family (including her daughter and sometime collaborator, Carol). We spied the publishing phenom passing around a proof of the cover of her next book.
2. The annual Saveur reunion: Alum & founding editor Dorothy Kalins (who is now writing for Newsweek & Town & Country and is an editorial advisor to Budget Travel (whew!)with Christopher Hirsheimer (former director of photography) and Colman Andrews, an ex-Saveur editor.
3. Joe Armstrong with the New York Times‘ Bill Carter and a top exec. in German television. “Mayor” Armstrong passed the time waiting for his guests sitting with New York Social Diary‘s David Patrick Columbia.
4. Ron Perelman (In jeans! Love the brown suede shoes!) and an equally casually-dressed gent.
5. Harvey Weinstein who got a big hug — and a kiss! — from Ron before joining his guests MTV big wigs Michael J. Wolff and Judy McGrath and a robust looking fellow.
6. The Today Show‘s Marc Victor and frequent contributor Bill Stanton, who tucked into his French fries with gusto. We told the imposing looking but utterly charming Mr. Stanton that he had scared us to death with his cautionary segments on personal security that he’s done for the morning show. “Good!” he said. “That’s what I’m supposed to do.” Indeed.
7. Lisa Birnbach sipping champagne with a pal.
8. David Patrick Columbia looking fitter than ever thanks to his lunch date, fitness guru Adam Zickerman, who has him on a 22-minute speed regimen of resistance training. “I’m feeling it — so it must be working!” says DPC. We salute you for embarking on any type of physical activity during this perilous time of year. Why wait for Jan. 1?
9. Best selling author Michael Gross and real estate agent extraordinaire Martha Kramer (“Barbara Walters uses her!”)
10. Scott Donaton and NBC’s Jonathan Wald.
11. Jack Myers and guest.
12. Dave Zinczenko and two Prada execs. The always affable Men’s Health editor told us he was headed to London and Capetown this holiday season. But before he departs on his international adventure he’s keeping busy putting the finishing touches on a massive March’07 issue. Bon Voyage!
14. Ms. White and Ludacris. When her guest departed, the ultimate Cosmo gal joined Mr. Zinczenko and guests.
15. Billy Kimball.
16. A fashionable duo: publicity and marketing maven Jacqui Lividini and Stephanie George.
17. Hallmark Channel president Henry Schlieff with, we’re told, Kerry Kennedy, and guests.
18. Gerald Schoenfeld, chairman of the Shubert Organization and guest.
19. Terry Santisi.
20. Lynn Goldberg.
21. Moishe Kaufman.
22. Author Charlie Schuler.
23. New York Jets president Jay Cross.
24. John Josephson of Allen & Company.
25. Playboy’s Chris Napolitano.
26. Vic Garvey.
27. Author Pamela Keoghcelebrating the holidays with mom and dad.
28. Barbara Cirkva. We love her shop, Fleur. If you’re in Mt. Kisco, don’t miss it!
29. PR legend Lois Smith.
30. Shelly Palmer.
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro DOT com & Lunch AT mediabistro DOT com. Happy Holidays!
Map of Michael’s